PDA

View Full Version : Sick of feeling this way

Mandyhieronimus
10-11-18, 18:04
I feel like every time I take a step forward in dealing with HA that something else happens to make me take two steps back. I had an okay week until the last two days. Last night I woke up with a numb left hand and convinced myself something was majorly wrong, and I’m pretty sure that sent me into a full blown panic attack. I had diarrhea after that and numbness in my face, mouth, and tongue. �� I’m so frustrated in trying to deal with this on my own. I’m currently on 10 mg of Celexa (which I stopped thinking maybe I was having an allergic reaction) but I’m not sure that it’s helping much. Most every day I feel like something major is wrong with me and convince myself that I won’t be around to raise my girls. I sit and cry when I’m home by myself with them because it’s all I can think about. I’m so sick of feeling like this.

Does anyone else feel this way? I just don’t ever know if symptoms are all in my head or if they’re really happening all because of stupid HA!!

Sampowell542
10-11-18, 18:28
Me. I get rid of a symptom, and then the next day theres a new one for me to be obsessed about. Getting pretty tiring now. The moment I'm alone all these thoughts come rushing in and I have no control over it.

Mandyhieronimus
10-11-18, 19:04
Yes! I try to not think about it, but it always creeps back into my mind.

behappy
10-11-18, 21:29
Me. I get rid of a symptom, and then the next day theres a new one for me to be obsessed about. Getting pretty tiring now. The moment I'm alone all these thoughts come rushing in and I have no control over it.

same here. The cycle continues, every single month.

we all need some therapy

RadioGaGa
11-11-18, 11:10
Yep, this is me.

Get symptom > Obsess/Google/harass medical colleagues > Reassure self > Feel calm > Repeat

Still haven't found out how to stop it. I have considered switching careers (currently I'm a Pharm at a Cancer Centre) but then again, why should I throw away those years of studying just to please this beast called health anxiety?

Mandyhieronimus
11-11-18, 14:11
I’ve been in the medical field as a medical assistant since I started working and I think that somehow managed to feed some of my HA. I finally quit to stay home with my girls but it didn’t help. My HA was already too far gone.

roseanxiety
11-11-18, 18:08
This is me too! ( see my earlier post). It’s constant worry and it is so tiring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk