PDA

View Full Version : can't snap out of it

tech3545
10-11-18, 19:34
This is really frustrating. Ive been stuck like this for four months. I can't seem to snap out of worrying. Thought stopping works sometimes but Sometiems it just doesn't. Ive been struggling mentally with this feeling of doom that I can control but it still bothers mme and I overanalyze my perspective and things. I don't know what to do cause I can't seem tto get better. If I could id think I Would have by now. I just wanna be back to my old self. I'm just utterly puzzled by my mind. Can anybody relate?

Suziewuzie
10-11-18, 22:40
Yes I can completely relate. I wrote out a response to Panda in her thread in this forum, I think it's the one below yours. I think some of the points in there would help you. Are you taking any medication or having any therapy to help with the way that you're feeling? It takes time but you're not stuck here, you just need to identify a way to get out of it that works for you x

tech3545
11-11-18, 17:14
Hey, thanks for the reply. Yes distractions and occupying my mind definitely helps the most in my case, problem is it doesnt last though. My anxiety tends to be more mental though, ive had panic attacks and nervous ticks and stuff but it usually manifests itself in worrying and over thinking. My therapist I'm seeing put me on 25 mg of zoloft over a month ago and she won't up my dose, I don't think this low dose is helping much though :/

Suziewuzie
11-11-18, 17:19
With practise it will help, it's not easy but anything that distracts your mind from ruminating on something is worth practising over and over. You obviously know how to do it you just need to keep working on it until you cam ignore the thoughts. Sertraline is a great medication, like I said in Pandas thread I have been on it in the past but always on 50mg.