PDA

View Full Version : Hyperlakemia from BP medication worry

Deepseathree
10-11-18, 20:36
So this year I was put on BP medication. Started with linisopril but experienced a bad side effect of coughing so I was put on Losartan. Started with 25mg and about a month ago the does was increased to 50mg. Around the same time of the dose increase I started a job that is very physical. I’m a delivery driver. Where my worry starts is ever since I’ve been in the position and also after starting the new dose I’ve been sore every day. I don’t know if it’s the medication or the job. I couldn’t ever make it to yoga after work the other day as I was too sore. I use to work out daily but can’t due to not being able to fully recover until I have a day off from work. I’m kind of fatigued with it as well. Any help would be appreciated.

roseanxiety
11-11-18, 12:35
Maybe mention this to your doctor? Is hyperkalemia a side effect of the med ? Also, there are tons of other BP meds you could try. It does sound like it might be the medicine.

Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Deepseathree
12-11-18, 00:19
I think it is a side effect. I know that it has potential to raise potassium levels. I had my blood tested when I was on 25mg. But have not had it tested since going to 50mg. I haven’t really had any problems today since being off. I brought it up to my doctor but I just thinks he brushes it off as me having anxiety about the medication.