PDA

View Full Version : Hello :)

ScottC2105
27-08-07, 03:39
I have been here 2 days so I feel as if I should introduce myself.

I'm Scott and at the time of writing I am 18 years old. I may as well do as I should and explain why I am here.

8 years ago I had a major operation to remove a tumor that was strangling my heart, lungs and voice box. I could of lost my life or my voice. I pulled through it in a record time of only 6 days. The doctors said I would be at least a month so they called me "One hell of a fighter!". The tumor turned out to be a teratoma the type of which it was turned out to be extremely rare. Only 23 have ever been recorded most of which are fatal.

Since then I seem to of gone down hill. I stopped going out with friends and such and it eventually came to the point where I stopped going out all together. I then became very sad about my life and myself and at 16 I threatened my mom. I told her if she made me go back to school for 1 more day I wouldn't return and by that I didn't mean running away.

I dropped out of school and did work at home and since then my mom thought I was joking as I went back to staying in 24/7 on the computer. We moved to where I am currently living and I turned 18 back in May and I needed to get a job for government reasons and the like so I arranged to go to the Job Centre and when the day came to go to the Job Centre I just could not do it. I got very very depressed and I was having "fits" a lot.

It was at this point after 7 years I came clean and told my brother how I felt and it came as a shock to him and soon enough the family was telling me they wish that I had told them sooner. I went to my GP who then gave me Fluoxetine and I agreed to it but when I got home and saw the side effects I had yet another "fit". So 2 weeks later I told him I didn't take them and he said "Doesn't matter anyway they wouldn't of done you any good, you have a personality problem". At this point I decided to get a CPN for help.

Before I go onto the CPN I have a "fear" of seeing people and going to public places that I have yet to mention as well as getting randomly angry for no reason and then an hour or two later being fine. I also think suicidal thoughts a lot.

The CPN arrived and after explaining everything to her she said that I have severe depression and general/social anxiety and I may have a problem with my moods and emotions being expressed. She has said it may take 2 - 4 years for me to improve. She has given me Citalopram I have yet to take as I am worrying a lot over the side effects, she has said though without them I may never improve. I also avoid a lot of things apparently and by that I am not sure what she means.

My dad has an aneurysm on his main artery and if it bursts he will die so that piles onto my problem. I then find out my mom has lung cancer (just recently about a month ago) and she has 6 months - 10 years to live! You could well say I have been through a lot and I am going though a lot and many wonder why I am the way I am, hmm.

These "fits" I have mentioned have just been explained to me as Anxiety Attacks which I seem to be having at the present after typing everything out in this long yet boring post. I could probably write a book. I don't sleep a lot and sometimes not at all such as tonight.

Well for the most part that is me and I hope I didn't bore you too much :shades:.

groovygranny
27-08-07, 07:47
Hello Scott:welcome:to you!

Good grief - I'd be very surprised if you weren't suffering after all that.

What an awful lot you've had to go through.

You'll find plenty of help and support here though - so hang on in there ok?

And try the Citalopram - my personal experience with it is a very postitive one. Some side effects first off but then - just relief !! They really helped me - hope they do you too.

Pleased to meet you!

:)

nanny
27-08-07, 08:57
Hi Scott

Welcome:) Well !! i reckon you ARE one hell of a fighter, you have been thorugh soooo much and come out the other end.

You survied THAT and you will THIS:winks: . You'll find lots of support here and friends.
As for the Citalpram, i've been on em 9 years and after the first 2 weeks when i felt a bit more anxious they have worked wonders for me, so please pluck up the courage to try em.:yesyes:

Just a tip i learned myself!!!!
Never read the leaflets about your meds, the DR wouldn't give em if he thought they wouldn't suit. Also those side affects happen very rarely but they have to write em all down to cover themsleves. I didn't take tablets i was given at one time , got worse and was given a right telling off by the Doc, You have to try to help yyourself he said and to do that if you need meds take em, so i did and they worked. So if you can bring yourself to take them then please try:)

JulieAs45
27-08-07, 09:01
:welcome:

Hi Scott,

Welcome to NMP.

What a lot you have had to go through Scott. I think this site will really help you deal with some of your issues hun, its helped me loads since I joined.

I too have taken Citalopram and it worked great for me, took it for a few years and it really turned things round for me so I would also say give it a go. With any meds it takes time to work and there may be side effects but once it starts working you will see the benefit of it. I should also say that just because Citalopram worked for me doesnt mean it will automatically work for you but I really hope it does, there are other meds to try if that particular one doesnt help.

Take care hun and dont give up.

Julie
:flowers:

ScottC2105
27-08-07, 10:24
I appreciate everyone being kind. I always feel "low" and I have done for sometime as I have said. It's not everyday someone goes through what I have in such sort time. Saying it like that makes me sound like an "idiot" but what the hell a?

Pleased to meet you all :).

nanny
27-08-07, 10:46
Scott

You're not an IDIOT, like you say you're just low!!

you'll get through it mate, we're all here for you :hugs:

honeybee3939
27-08-07, 11:20
Hi Scott

Just wanted to welcome you to NMP, its lovely to see you here, im sure you will get some great advice, support and make new friends too.:)

Love
:hugs:
Andrea
xxxxx

ScottC2105
27-08-07, 11:21
I have had 2 hours sleep tonight and I feel kinda strange I got out of bed in such a high as in "lala" high (put it this way I almost broke my leg) and now I am back to my normal self.

I go like this once say every month and it is very strange. I think caffeine might have something to do with it maybe it's building up then letting go or something? I seem to go like it for about 30 minutes if I am woken up suddenly. Sounds weird I know.

Yep, I am moaning again :).

Nibbles
27-08-07, 11:55
Hi Scott and :welcome:

You'll get loads of advice and support here while making new friends along the way. As you say it's no surprise all the stress you've been through has had to find a way to be released through panic attacks. I'm on citalopram at the moment and didn't suffer any major side effects when starting on them. It takes a couple of weeks for medication like that to build up but once it does it can really help.

Take care,

Mike :)

manmoor
27-08-07, 13:45
Hi Scott,

A big warm welcome to you. xx

ScottC2105
27-08-07, 13:54

trac67
27-08-07, 13:57
Hi Scott,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends.

Give the citalopram a go I have been on them for years and they really have helped me with no bad side effects.

Also caffiene isnt a good thing for people with anxiety so try to stick to caffiene free drinks as much as possible.

Sorry to hear all you have been through :hugs: life can be pretty crap sometimes but you have just got to keep fighting on

Love
Trac xxx

ScottC2105
27-08-07, 14:30
Is it possible for an anxiety "attack" to be constant? For the past 3 days I feel as I do when this happens and it just will not budge. It hasn't happened before.

Headache, fast heart beat, heavy and fast breathing and going cold to hot real fast and things.

Southern_Belle
27-08-07, 15:40
Hi Scott,

Welcome to the site. I personally have not felt that way constantly for 3 days but have on and off. I answered some of your questions on your other thread so I won't repeat myself. I do hope we can be of some help here and you will get alot of support.

Hugs,

Laura

margaret911
27-08-07, 23:48
Hi Scott and welcome to nmp. Hope this site helps you like it helps me when i am low and you are NOT a moaner. Take care love.

Mags xxxxxx

ScottC2105
28-08-07, 11:14
Feeling much better today at the moment. I don't know what I'll be like later on the day but the support of all of you is very nice.

Thank you.

jodie
28-08-07, 11:31
hi scott

glad you are feeling a bit better today hun

jodie x:hugs:

Lindalou64
28-08-07, 15:24
Hi Scott,
Welcome You Will Find Lots Of Information Here.wish Ya The Best.........linda

Zanxiety
28-08-07, 21:44
Greetings ScottC, and a big welcome to you.

I know the pain you've gone through when experiencing something like that, and because of that scary event, I can see why it has made you become more anxious and even depressed suddenly. Unfortunetly with things like that, it's like a traumactic experience you've gone through and things that have gone wrong in the past tend to have a knock on effect to people's lives a few weeks/mounths/years later. However, you lived through it, and with the excellent help of so many members on here including the help out there with people suffering from excessive fear and anxiety that can all trun around to make you become you're very normal self again.

I'd advise you have a good read of the information on anxiety, panic on the panel on the left handside side of this site as that will ensure nothing bad will happen when feeling panicky or anxious.

I'm also very sorry to hear about what some of your other family members are suffering. I do hope things do start improving for you and hope all the best with some of your other family members with problems too. ^_^

MAZ297
28-08-07, 22:09
Welcome Scott.
Don't think of it as moaning, more sharing your worries/problems with friends.
There's always an ear for you on NMP.
Take care honey x

ScottC2105
28-08-07, 22:26
Thank you. Much appreciated. My CPN comes tomorrow morning and I am going to have a lot to say to her this time around so wish me luck :).

CarpeDiem
30-08-07, 17:10
:) Hi Scott :)

Hope your visit with your CPN went ok? Be strong, you've obviously got it in you to fight this so I hope you can summon some of that fighting spirit to get yourself living your life the way you want to. This is a great place to get support in between your appointments, besides being a pretty great site generally.

Take care, CarpeDiem
xxxxxx

nomorepanic
01-09-07, 19:22
Hi Scott

A warm :welcome: aboard to you and hope we can be of some help.

ScottC2105
02-09-07, 13:17
Thank you all and Nicola, great site you have here :).

Pink Princess
03-09-07, 13:24
http://www.pimped-out.info/imgs/greets/wassup_mickey6.gif

love minnie xxxxxxxxxxxx