PDA

View Full Version : Sudden insomnia : so scared

Ruby777
12-11-18, 20:37
Hi all, exactly 9 days ago today I started experiencing a strange bout of insomnia , which I don’t usually suffer from . I slept on only one or 2 days properly and I’m exhausted. I’m so tired but it feels like my head can’t fall asleep . Obviously I’m scared of fatal insomnia and can’t stop thinking about it . I don’t understand why this is happening all of a sudden . Anyone has suffered from something similar ? It feels like I’m not sleeping at all, and I’m just getting more and more stressed

AMomentofClarity
12-11-18, 21:43
Hi all, exactly 9 days ago today I started experiencing a strange bout of insomnia , which I don’t usually suffer from . I slept on only one or 2 days properly and I’m exhausted. I’m so tired but it feels like my head can’t fall asleep . Obviously I’m scared of fatal insomnia and can’t stop thinking about it . I don’t understand why this is happening all of a sudden . Anyone has suffered from something similar ? It feels like I’m not sleeping at all, and I’m just getting more and more stressed

Time change?

NancyW
13-11-18, 02:17
Obviously I’m scared of fatal insomnia

Obviously? Never crossed my mind, why would you jump to this extreme, unlikely cause? Google I'm sure of it.

I've had plenty of sleepless nights, know what they are? Nothing.

lofwyr
13-11-18, 14:44
A person with anxiety having a sleepless night is hardly unusual. I think everyone on here has had your experience. Fatal insomnia is ridiculously rare. I mean, it might be the rarest of rare diseases on this forum.

Passing_for_human
13-11-18, 14:57
Guessing you read about fatal insomnia for the first time on here. It's the only place I've ever heard it mentioned. I've been an insomniac my whole life. I don't think I know anyone with anxiety who doesn't get bouts of it from time to time. The worst thing you can do is worry about it and the best is to practise good sleep hygiene (look it up if not aware of it) and relaxation techniques. It'll pass.

Ruby777
13-11-18, 21:23
Thanks to all of you for your replies . The first time I’ve read about it was on a health anxiety forum years ago but I never actually thought about it that much up to now. I just feel like 10 night with almost no restful sleep is unusual. I did reduce my antidepressants with the ok from my GP in the past months and I do feel the anxiety creeping in . I also lost my dog two weeks ago ( she had cancer ) and I think this might have been a trigger. I’m just not in a good place right now and I’m panicking