PDA

View Full Version : muscle twitshing

loumo
27-08-07, 12:37
I have had health anxiety all my life really and things came to a head last year when I had a very bad episode so I was prescribed citalopram which seemed to work well and things improved however my muscle started to twitch in my thigh for two days which sank me into complete panic about a terminal illness especially since citalopram is supposed to stop muscle twitching. Can you still be paniked on medication? and can u make yourself have twitch by worring ? i am getting so tired of living like this all the time

neptuno
27-08-07, 19:11
muscles can twitch for any number of reasons - mostly its caused by muscle tension. The answer is to learn to take regular relaxation breaks, learn to ease all the muscle groups in turn. There's loads of info about this on this site. Try doing some EFT - see www.e-f-t.co.uk (http://www.e-f-t.co.uk) this is a great calmer.
Be kind to yourself

Southern_Belle
27-08-07, 23:05
I also have a muscle that pulses underneath my eye when I am very tired, stressed or about to get a headache. I have also been on meds for a couple of years. I have finally figured out why and when I get them and just lay down when I can or run for the sunglasses. I would try not to worry.

Hugs,

Laura