PDA

View Full Version : ALS fear; isolated foot twitch

hs8904
13-11-18, 18:41
For the past 7 days, the arch of my left foot has been twitching. I notice it at rest, and even when standing up. I have not yet felt it while at motion.

It didn't even take me to Google my sx before I had my inkling of ALS anxiety. My Dr didn't believe he saw any muscle wasting. I feel fatigue in that foot, but I don't think it's weakness. I can still heel walk and tip toe.

I had an PCP annual yesterday and mentioned it. He suspected that I need arch support, given my high arches. He set my follow up for a month from now and mentioned that if it doesn't stop he'll refer me to a neurologist.

I guess I'm looking got reassurance against ALS. Is it possible for an isolated twitch to last this long and be this persistent?

Fishmanpa
13-11-18, 18:45
Read THIS (https://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=196071) as many times as you need to.

Positive thoughts

hs8904
13-11-18, 20:47
Thank you Fishmanpa. I actually saw your sticky right after I wrote my post. :doh:

That was very informative. I still have questions about twitching. Is it possible for an isolated twitch to last a week (or longer) and be this persistent and still be benign?

Has anyone else had benign isolated twitching?

Can focusing on a twitch actually cause more twitching? (I know the brain is a crazy powerful thing)

ty!

hs8904
15-11-18, 16:06
So the twitch in my foot is no longer as constant. Every now and then I feel a pop, which is a twitch I can see. I half wonder if if there's now a fine vibration that I can't see bc I feel buzzing sometimes.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Kingdawson
15-11-18, 17:22
So the twitch in my foot is no longer as constant. Every now and then I feel a pop, which is a twitch I can see. I half wonder if if there's now a fine vibration that I can't see bc I feel buzzing sometimes.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Yes i get buzzing/vibration on my arm.