PDA

View Full Version : horrible ectopics help needed

dizzy
27-08-07, 16:31
Iv suffered from ectopic heartbeats since march. sometimes they stay constant all day and all night for months. sometimes they dissapear for 2-3 months. well i'v started getting them again. they started on friday night when i was really hungry and instead of eating something sensible (as i have IBS) i ate 4 cookies. lol this set them off and gave me loads of bloatedness, the ectopics stayed all night and then the next day. lucky for me i was going to scarborough beach so didnt even realise them! well anyway they dissapeared by the evening and i felt fine. the next day they had gone totally until today. iv been having them constantly. i know they'r not anything to worry about and i know they'l hopefully go. but i just needed to post this because i feel so alone. like noone understands. i start uni again in late sept and im trying to just explain to my little brain that i will be ok. lol. im starting my second year and sometimes i feel like quitting for a year, but to be honest i love uni so much i wont be able to just quit and be happy. then i feel like i shudnt let this stop me from achieving wat i want to achieve. i love my course. i wish i cud take a peek into the future and see if i'll be able to do it.
i need some advice: i get ectopics randomly so to be honest even medication is pointless, my doctor listened to my heartbeat and said they'r only PACS so dont worry. he booked me a monitor but when the date came the ectopics stopped!! lol so to be honest im not even sure wat im getting, the only thing i do have is my doctor listening to it.
so i need some advice on whether or not i should let ectopics ruin my life?? i know the answer too, but i just cant help thinking im just worthless and wont be able to complete uni like this.:shrug:

richard sharp
27-08-07, 19:33
hi dizzy, i get random heart beats and have done for some time and although the doc says its no problem they do worry me.
dont let them put you off doing what you really want to do. give yourself a chance to achieve your goal cos if you dont youll always regret it. if it doesnt work out its hardly the end of the world and you just get on with something else, but if you do it will give you so many more options in your life. good luck, richard

shaz01
27-08-07, 20:05
Hey Richard, I sometimes get peace from mine for weeks then all of a sudden they come back and drive me demented. I also find if Im starving and eat something very sweet it can kick them off.

And know dont let them ruin your life, Im also trying to think the same, I plan things, then I think oh no I might not be able to do it but hey I still go ahead and do it....if we give in to them they will completely take over our lives.

Stay calm...just think they are loads of us out there feeling the same.

Shaz x

debera
27-08-07, 23:15
this happens to me too. the ectopics go away for awhile and then they come back with a vengance, today i just had a cucumber sandwhich right after i ate it ectopics started. sometimes i think gas can trigger them. i guess the best thing to tod id try and distract yourself. very hard i know. i try going out for a walk which does help. but i know they are not nice. when i firat started getting them i thought my days were numbered. but reassurance from the doc helped some. hope you feel better soon
debera

dizzy
29-08-07, 23:13
well im going to give uni my all. hopefully shud be ok, iv realised that if i sit at home and do absolutely nothin then i feel every single one, but when im out i feel less. so i think uni will take my mind off things becos lets face it they might not go for a long time so theres no point putting life on hold for something as benign as ectopics.
thanks guys! :yesyes: