PDA

View Full Version : Heartburn/GERD or Angina

THoltz
14-11-18, 19:05
Good Afternoon,

I am a 27 year old male and I weigh 175. I am very active and do a lot of running. I have no health problems other than some elevated cholesterol which I am controlling via medicine (It is genetic). Occasionally I do have GERD symptoms after drinking coffee, and fried chicken. Since yesterday, I have been feeling what seem like chest spasms in my right breast bone. It is not severe but its annoying. I noticed that the pains came today after I drank my coffee and also when I lean in a chair to the right. This makes think it might be a combination of some reflux and a strained chest muscle. I have been experiencing nausea that past few days that I think are GERD related. I go through bouts where I will feel nauseated in the morning then it will go away.

That being said, I have had a full checkup a few months ago and my blood pressire is normal (it gets elevated at the DRs office), and my choleterol is now under control. I eat fairly good. I don't think it is a heart issue but the sensation always makes me wonder.

Does anyone have any insight?

Fishmanpa
14-11-18, 19:24
Heartburn/GERD or Angina?

Heartburn/GERD. Coffee (and fried foods) is well known to aggravate it. :whistles:

Positive thoughts

THoltz
14-11-18, 19:32
Thank you for your response Fishmanpa. I don't eat fried foods all the time. Only occasionally. Coffee I drink reguarly but I try to drink it with milk because I don't get as bad reflux.

Fishmanpa
14-11-18, 19:45
I'm one of those people who you don't talk to in the morning until I've had my coffee and I like it strong! I even have the mug! :roflmao:

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/41tWZcCM7iL._SL500_AC_SS350_.jpg

The beginning of the year I was having similar issues and being that I have reflux (and take meds for it) I've switched over to teas. I still brew a pot now and again but cutting back has definitely helped. The fact that you still get it with milk (not as bad but still...) makes the reason and solution obvious :whistles:

Positive thoughts

nomorepanic
14-11-18, 19:50
Ditch the coffee and see how it goes. My ex used to drink a lot and got pains and he was told by a doctor and a consultant in hospital to cut the coffee down.

THoltz
14-11-18, 20:21
I also feel like I pulled a chest muscle from playing golf. I also read that GERD may cause chest spasms. I just worry about it being heart because my dad has had some heart issues. My EKG at my medical appointment a few months ago was normal.

THoltz
15-11-18, 01:15
So I went running with a coworker after work and I felt no chest pain at all. In fact it was pleasant other than the cold weather. I figure if it were heart related it would get worse. It feels like I have a tight muscle pull or something in my right breast that comes and goes.

THoltz
15-11-18, 16:04
Woke up this morning feeling fine then I had some light roast coffee with milk. I feel I reacted to that better. It feels like a strain or pull in my right chestbone. It comes and go too. I sneezed and felt my lower rib cage spasm out for a minute.

Although I am pretty sure this a muscle pull there is always a second thought like "What if it is heart related?". I have read that heart pain would more pronounced then this and would be continous and get worse. I just don't know how I pulled that chest muscle on my right side.

On the positive side I went running yesterday at a comfortably hard pace and did not feel any chest pain whatsoever. In fact I felt great afterward.

THoltz
26-12-18, 16:27
So a month or so in, it feels like a muscle pull in my right chest. The pain comes and go and is inflamed whenever I stretch or lean forward in a certain direction. Nevertheless it still is concerning and gives me anxiety due to the possibltiy that it could be heart related. Other than some elevated cholesterol, I am in good health per my last doctors checkup in July.
Does anyone else have any chest muscle pulls that they are/were concerned about?