PDA

View Full Version : The final step (some reassurance please/thanks)

Serenitystars
14-11-18, 23:43
Hi guys! I need some reassurance to get over this Ha.
Usually I don’t have Ha but just this year I been to the doctor more times I can remember and thanks to google my Ha is going out of control.
Just saw an ent regarding my ongoing reflux issue. He listen to my symptoms, review my barium swallow test result and scope my throat to see my vocal cords. All the results were fine and he said I shouldn’t be concern or need to be on ppi.
I desperately want to believe him, but in my head what if are spiraling out of control...long story short I think I’m going to end up with throat cancer. On the other side of my head, I’m thinking my doctor knows what he is doing and since both test and doctor tell me everything is fine, then everything is fine.
Only thing is he didn’t tell me why my voice was slightly changing after eating dinner although it does return back to normal quickly. He did gave me some allergy medication to try.

Serenitystars
15-11-18, 17:19
Bump

Fishmanpa
15-11-18, 17:24
Just saw an ent regarding my ongoing reflux issue. He listen to my symptoms, review my barium swallow test result and scope my throat to see my vocal cords. All the results were fine and he said I shouldn’t be concern or need to be on ppi.

Can't say anything other than listen to the medical expert.

Positive thoughts

AMomentofClarity
15-11-18, 18:11

Positive thoughts

This.

If you can’t, it could be worth seeking some professional mental help for the anxiety

Fishmanpa
15-11-18, 18:19
Also, look into the FODMAP (https://www.ibsdiets.org/fodmap-diet/fodmap-food-list/) diet. Keep a food diary and reduce or eliminate the foods that cause you issues.

Positive thoughts

Serenitystars
17-11-18, 00:38

Positive thoughts
Thanks!

---------- Post added at 19:38 ---------- Previous post was at 19:36 ----------

This.

If you can’t, it could be worth seeking some professional mental help for the anxiety

Thank you for replying!
Yes I might see someone for anxiety if I can’t.

TheGroundhog
17-11-18, 07:42
You are on a health anxiety forum asking for reassurance. I could reply 'from what you've said I definitely don't think you have cancer' or I could reply 'from what you've said I definitely think you have cancer, go back to the Dr'. But neither of those statements would mean anything because I have no medical training.

I could have had similar symptoms in the past or now and say based on that I definitely do/don't think you have cancer, but that would also be irrelevant, as illness and disease can present in different ways.

You have had a medically qualified person tell you you are fine, but you would like people you don't know, have never met and have no way or means of diagnosing you in any way or form.

It might be a good idea to return to your GP to ask for help with your anxiety, before like so many people with HA you find yourself 5 years in, with no idea how you got there and a lot of time wasted. Good luck.

Serenitystars
17-11-18, 07:51
You are on a health anxiety forum asking for reassurance. I could reply 'from what you've said I definitely don't think you have cancer' or I could reply 'from what you've said I definitely think you have cancer, go back to the Dr'. But neither of those statements would mean anything because I have no medical training.

I could have had similar symptoms in the past or now and say based on that I definitely do/don't think you have cancer, but that would also be irrelevant, as illness and disease can present in different ways.

You have had a medically qualified person tell you you are fine, but you would like people you don't know, have never met and have no way or means of diagnosing you in any way or form.

It might be a good idea to return to your GP to ask for help with your anxiety, before like so many people with HA you find yourself 5 years in, with no idea how you got there and a lot of time wasted. Good luck.
Thank you so much for reply and the time to read my nonsense. Your right, I’ll bring up with my gp and get some help. Your message really put things in perspective for me