PDA

View Full Version : What to do when you’ve had enough?

punkprincess19
15-11-18, 20:48
I’ve struggled so bad this last year with my health anxiety (which I’ve had for 11 years now) and I’m at the point where I’m just so fed up of it all that I don’t know what to do anymore.

I’m not enjoying my life. I constantly feel unwell with one thing or another. I’m exhausted!

The beginning of the year started with heart palpitations, skipped beats and fast, irregular heart rate. After begging the doctor for help and eventually paying a fortune to see a cardiologist privately I was reassured that all was ok. Then I started with headaches - strange, intense headaches that the doctors wasn’t concerned about but I very much was and it was getting me so anxious, scared and upset. I’ve had trouble swallowing food for months and recently it has gotten worse and I am choking on food every time I eat. So now I’m scared to eat. Today I’ve seen the doctor and I am being referred for an endoscopy. I have headache again today, just on my left side, near my temple and it’s quite bad and it is making my left eye hurt too so I’ve been a mess all day with anxiety about that. I’m sick of it. I’m just constantly feeling some kind of symptom and they make me worried it is something really bad.

I can’t take medication because it makes me worse! I’ve had therapy numerous times and although it helps a bit, it doesn’t help to a point where I can enjoy my life. Health anxiety is there every single day!

So what the hell do I do? I can’t carry on this way!