PDA

View Full Version : Question for Twitchers

hs8904
15-11-18, 22:09
When I curl my toes in really tight, and look at the bottom of my foot there is a very constant heartbeat like twitch. This only occurs on my left foot where the arch in my foot was twitching this past week. The arch twitch seems to have subsided a bit, although it is not gone (see my previous post). But now I have this twitching on the sole of my foot when I curl my toes. I'm afraid I'm falling deeper down the als rabbit hole. But I wanted to see if anyone's ever had an experience like this.

Thank you

Fishmanpa
15-11-18, 22:27
Question is, why would you do something that under normal circumstances, no one ever does and expect to get a normal reaction? :huh:

Positive thoughts

hs8904
15-11-18, 22:55
Question is, why would you do something that under normal circumstances, no one ever does and expect to get a normal reaction? :huh:

Positive thoughts

You're totally right. I've been staring at my feet for the past 2 hours probably. If this isn't rock bottom, I don't know what is.:weep:

I start a new job on Monday, and the last thing I need is to be worrying about this all day when I need to be learning new job tasks.oy.

Thanks for your quick response. Appreciate it!

lostlibertine
16-11-18, 14:13
I remember when my battles with health anxiety really took hold, about 8 years ago now, I had almost the exact same symptom as you. A relentless, deep twitch in my left foot. I would spend hours and hours looking for deformities in my feet and got in to a terrible state worrying about MND.

8 years on and I'm still here! Almost definitely benign twitching but I know how hard it can be to accept that when you're in a panic hole. Best of luck and I hope you can calm down soon. You're going to be just fine.

RadioGaGa
16-11-18, 20:07
hs8904

When the twitching associated with ALS occurs, the affected muscles are "breathing their last". In other words, all function in the twitching muscles will soon cease. The twitching appears after the clinical weakness and atrophy.

You would not be able to "curl your toes in really tight". They simply wouldn't be capable of it. You'd try to curl them and they'd move very little, if at all.

And, I just tried it myself. And when I did? I got an EXTREMELY bad cramp in my foot!!! Thanks for that :roflmao:

And yes, I felt a bit of a twitch too! A normal reaction to a very abnormal function (agree Fishmanpa!)