PDA

View Full Version : Rash won’t go Away!

LouiseC1896
15-11-18, 23:17
Hi, I’ve had a rash for about 3 weeks, maybe more. It’s on my lower back, breasts and stomach. It’s kinds of flat and blotchy but my thighs are like small spots but do it itch any more. I thought it was an allergic reaction to glass fibre but would it last that long?

Really worried it’s leukaemia or lymphoma or some sort of cancer.

Fishmanpa
15-11-18, 23:53
Have you changed soap or laundry detergent recently? Have you seen a doctor about it?

Positive thoughts

LouiseC1896
16-11-18, 00:36
Hey, no not changed anything and not been to the doctors. I’m too scared to go, I’m just freaking out st the moment, not having a good day!

Fishmanpa
16-11-18, 00:39
I’m just freaking out st the moment, not having a good day!

That's apparent :whistles: If it's that concerning, you're going to have to bite the bullet and see a doctor.

Positive thoughts

LouiseC1896
16-11-18, 00:46
I know, but I’m terrified of the doctor, even the mention of someone else going scares me. It’s it too itchy, I’m just panicking about what it is. Would an allergic reaction last over 3 weeks?

Munchlet
18-11-18, 14:53
I recently had a rash that was worrying me. It started a few weeks ago when I was on holiday in Greece, I kept waking up with itchy spots on me and throughout the day I would feel an itch and sure enough there would be more spots. I thought it was everything from heat to bed bugs and obviously all the terrible cancers that can cause rashes. I came home and it continued and then I read about Chronic hives which can go on for months and also read that stress can caused them.

I then realised that whilst away I'd started taking a Berocca vitamin everyday so I stopped and noticed the itching subsided as did the spots. I don't know if it was the Berocca, the heat from the holiday or stress but it did eventually go but all in all it lasted about 3 weeks.

Try and think if there's anything different you are eating or drinking and try destressing. Another thing with me is dry skin causes rashes so make sure your skin is not dry and maybe try taking an anti-histamine for a few days to see if that helps.

It sounds like you have/are reacting to something and it can take a while for it to subside.

Worrywart84
18-11-18, 15:43
Sometimes when I have a worry like this where the thing I am worried about is visible and persists longer than I think it should, I set myself a date and say I will go to the doctor if it’s not gone by X. Or I make an appt if it might take awhile to get in and then if I don’t need it when that date rolls around I cancel. That way it’s not a constant mental battle of “should I go to the doctor?” Because you are already taking care of that step. Not sure if that will help the anxiety go away totally but it helps mine lessen a tad when I feel like I have control over a plan to see the doctor.

eevee
18-11-18, 17:58
Last year I was suddenly covered in red rash, they're more like bug bites really. Got them on my stomach, back, arms and thighs - everywhere. It's like one day they suddenly just showed up. I went to the dermatologist and she diagnosed me with pityriasis rocea. Gave me steroids tablets and cream for itchiness. It's not dangerous, a viral thing that should run its course.

By any chance you suddenly had a bad cold a couple of weeks before the rash showed up? That could precede PR, and I remember 2 weeks before I got the rash I had the worst cold I'd EVER had.

I'm not saying it's what you have, but your post reminded me of it. And again, it's not harmful, just annoying.

I'm afraid of doctors too though, so I understand your feelings :( hugs.

glassgirlw
19-11-18, 03:40
Hey there, just wanted to say I’ve had the same issue the last few days. I had a bad cold that turned into an upper respiratory infection. Started getting better from that and woke up with random hives. Not many, like 6 or 7 and they go away and come back in other random spots throughout the day. So I started taking Zyrtec and they’ve cleared up. I think mine are due to my body fighting off the virus I’ve had. Figure I’ll give it another week and go off the Zyrtec- then if it comes back I’ll go see a doc. You’re not alone! :)

LouiseC1896
19-11-18, 18:36
Thank you for the replies, really helped put my mind at ease! I don’t really have a rash anymore, though I’m still a bit itchy. I’m so sick of panicking over everything and thinking I’m dying!

I have been so stressed recently and my anxiety has been so bad, I feel the more I panic the more itchy I get.

Glassgirlw hope you are better soon. This actually reminds me of last year, I woke up with hives all over my legs and arms, rushed to a pharmacist who gave me cream, they disappeared eventually.

Passing_for_human
19-11-18, 19:33
I was going to say that - ask to see your local pharmacist if you get this sort of thing again. They're happy to be asked as they're incredibly skilled and underused generally. Most minor ailments for me and my kids I see the pharmacist in the first instance. We trooped down there with conjunctivitis the other week. Ho hum.

Hives unfortunately go hand in hand with anxiety for me. If something really stressful happens I instantly come out in them. Anti-histamine tablets work way better than the creams for me.

Carys
19-11-18, 21:00
I agree with you, thats where I end up going as first port of call with something minor (mind thats a rare occurrence).....as they don't have a 'time slot' and generally you can blather on for ages lol It sounds to me like you could have had pityriasis rosea.....does it look possible based on the information below. I had a rash as you are describing in my early 20s and it followed a sore throat.

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/pityriasis-rosea/