PDA

View Full Version : TDap vaccine worries!

kony1588
16-11-18, 19:26
I just came back from the doctors office after I had to take a regular TDap vaccination. Well basically when the nurse injected me with the vaccine I didnt see her draw from the vaccine bottle so my brain is actually telling me that she injected me with Cadaveric HGH that was banned in 1985 with can cause CJD.

nomorepanic
16-11-18, 19:29
No never, can't happen. How did you come to this conclusion.

1985? How would they even have any of it ?

I think your mind is really working overtime on this one.

KK77
16-11-18, 19:43
Your imagination is running rampant! Even if that substance was still available, the chances you'd get a psychopathic nurse committing such a criminal act is as good as nil.

Fishmanpa
16-11-18, 19:56
I think your mind is really working overtime on this one.

Your imagination is running rampant!

X 1000! I think some HA sufferers would make phenomenal science fiction writers! :shades:

Positive thoughts

Carys
16-11-18, 20:50
I think some HA sufferers would make phenomenal science fiction writers!

Ha ha ! Yeah !

This is really NOT somewhere your mind should even go. 1985! Thats errr - hold on going to a calculator - 33 years ago ! I mean, why would they have kept this vaccine? It would have been out of date so many years ago and got rid of for that reason, let alone the fact that in 1985 all banned vaccine would have been removed. The 'psychotic' nurse really made me laugh. I've never checked the bottles of vaccines given, thats really not my job, and would be ridiculously paranoid.

if you really tried to mentally take a step back from this, you could try and laugh at it. Laughing yourself through things when they are 'ridiculous' (entirely unfounded), can remind your brain that you are really worrying about something non-sensical.

Worrywart84
16-11-18, 22:30
No. This did not happen to you. You are ok.

While I definitely have major HA, I try not to take it this far out of the realm of the probable. I don’t mean to say that to downplay your worry as I know how real it must feel to you but just trying to put it in perspective as a third party observer that this is a very very big stretch.

I think my biggest HA stretch happened when I was a kid and I found someone’s bracelet at the bottom of a public swimming pool and I thought that perhaps this person had AIDS and that by touching it now I have AIDS. I look at this now and laugh.

MyNameIsTerry
17-11-18, 02:25
1985! Thats errr -

Orwellian? :yesyes:

OP - is there a reason you jumped to something so unusual? Is it because you have CJD fears?

kony1588
17-11-18, 07:19
Yes ive been worrying about CJD and vCJD (especially) for 3 months now. I've also been diagnosed with OCD.

Carys
17-11-18, 07:37
Originally Posted by Carys https://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/images/nmp/buttons/viewpost.gif (https://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?p=1837116#post1837116)
1985! Thats errr -
Orwellian? :yesyes:

:roflmao:I KNEW it was triggering in my mind....something.......smart reply Terry.

MyNameIsTerry
18-11-18, 03:08
Yes ive been worrying about CJD and vCJD (especially) for 3 months now. I've also been diagnosed with OCD.

That makes more sense. So, whilst the context (the vaccine itself) seems very obscure it's really about a fear you already struggle with looking to make an association with an activity/behaviour to keep the cycle going.

I'm sure you know how incredibly rare this can be. The subconscious doesn't care about that though and expects the conscious mind to make that decision when presented with the "data". If it sees the conscious mind react strongly it will view it's referral of this "data" as wanted by the conscious mind and fears keep going or expand in their associations. This is why cutting out the negative reactions, when presented with these intrusions, helps you to recover from these types of anxiety disorders.

Try to see it as the subconscious working through a list if options. It doesn't know what is right or wrong, only that what it has come up with doesn't seem to match with the beliefs that are built deeply within you. Therefore it has to ask for a decision from the executive brain, the conscious mind. The thought may range from totally impossible nonsense to something more reasonable and you may get thoughts (non scary ones) throughout the day that you just write off as non required. The issue is more with how these make you feel and how they are accompanied by feelings of anxiety/panic, which you then add to.

Try to change your responses to a "meh" for nonsense thoughts. Try to reduce their influence on you. Accept thoughts as just thoughts and they don't have to have any meaning. It's not easy and it takes time, been there myself, but it can work.

kony1588
19-11-18, 00:08
Yep thats what ive been doing for the past few days and its working now. For some reason accepting that yea, she injected me with prions and im gonna die soon makes me realize how stupid my thoughts were. To add on to this I was at a restaurant today with my friends and I thought that the waiter's vCJD positive blood couldve slipped into my drink somehow but I stopped myself as I realized how outlandish I was being.

---------- Post added 19-11-18 at 00:08 ---------- Previous post was 18-11-18 at 23:39 ----------

Still every now and then I will have intense bouts of anxiety.

MyNameIsTerry
19-11-18, 02:21
I think we have to learn to accept the fact it takes time to correct and whilst it's still programmed into our subconscious it will look for ways to be triggered. Learning to accept the blips in anxiety helps reduce their impact otherwise we can sink back into negative thinking, low mood, obsessive cycles, etc.

Well done stopping yourself and dismissing it. Even if it doesn't always work, which you can learnt to accept as meaning more recovery work is needed, it does show that you are capable of stopping the cycles and can give you back some confidence.