PDA

View Full Version : Rabies worry

Jamie123
16-11-18, 21:14
I know this seems like another rabies post and I know how much people dislike these as I have read the sticky but I just wanted to get this out and see what people say.
A week/2 ago I was watching a show and came across a story about someone dying from rabies and I believe this is what triggered my fear. Earlier this week I was walking to uni when I saw some sort of fur on the ground it looked like an animal had been skinned or something so it was really strange. Then a day or 2 ago my mind thought what if the animal had rabies (e.g some bats in the uk) and I somehow got it on me. This has made me panic and now I am worried as also a few days ago I found a cut on the under side of my forearm and now with the already implanted fear of rabies I keep thinking what if it was an animal.
Again sorry for another rabies thread but just wanted to see if anyone could give me any information so I can try to stop worrying.
Also in the past few days I have had some small symptoms which I originally didnt associate to this worry but not its concerning me more since I have seen the symptoms of rabies e.g pins and needles, feeling like I have too much saliva in my mouth pain on the left side of my neck (lymph nodes?).

KK77
16-11-18, 21:54
To fear rabies if you are bitten by an animal is far-fetched enough, but to fear catching rabies from walking past something with "fur" on it is utterly ludicrous. Please see the total impossibility here and that your HA is running riot.

I'm not being facetious, but you might as well fear contracting rabies from watching that "show" on TV which you say triggered this fear in the first place.

I hope you're seeking treatment for your HA, Jamie.

Fishmanpa
16-11-18, 22:06
To fear rabies if you are bitten by an animal is far-fetched enough, but to fear catching rabies from walking past something with "fur" on it is utterly ludicrous.

The post history says it all I'm afraid :weep:

Positive thoughts

nomorepanic
16-11-18, 23:03
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239