PDA

View Full Version : Just had to leave night out

sarahblonde32
17-11-18, 21:22
Bloody anxiety!!ruined an evening out. I just had to almost run away from the night out with friends. Was retching, sweating, had the panic feeling that i just have to get home.
Its awful. Why does this happen?? Thinking of trying cbt but because i dont have a reason for anxiety im not sure why im having counselling...what am i being counselled for?

shiznit76
18-11-18, 13:03
Bloody anxiety!!ruined an evening out. I just had to almost run away from the night out with friends. Was retching, sweating, had the panic feeling that i just have to get home.
Its awful. Why does this happen?? Thinking of trying cbt but because i dont have a reason for anxiety im not sure why im having counselling...what am i being counselled for?

it's horrible when you feel you should be enjoying yourself but cant. I get like this lots of times. CBT could be of help if there is no underlying reason for the anxiety

Suziewuzie
18-11-18, 14:18
CBT will help you get to a point where, instead of running away / going home because of panic, you actually just notice the symptoms & don't feel threatened by them. You're not being counselled you're being taught how to manage anxiety.