PDA

View Full Version : Adrenaline and heart fluttering

Rachey poos
27-08-07, 23:58
Hi, I have had Panic attack since being a child due to not a very nice chilhood then at the age of 20 started with the old flutters but over the passed two yrs on and off (but especially at the mo) I have been having the panic attacks but my heart goes all funny like its missing beats and extra beats....sometimes like theres 2 hearts in there... I would go to the DOctor but I have a terrible terrible phobia of any thing medical... I have been a couple of yrs ago about an ear infection and had a panic attack right infront of him... he listened to my very racing heart and he said my heart was lovely just fast... I am scared but my freind has them and has said hers does the same.. goes a little irregular till it calms down... can be about 15 mins untill it stops going fast then it all goes right again... I only get the odd flutter other times. please does any one else have this... have read in the claire weeks they are normal... but it still is scarey.... HELP!

jodie
28-08-07, 00:07
hi

i get them to, have done for 8 years i have had scans on my heat ect all are ok i would say go see your doc get all the tests done when he tells you all is ok you might start to feel better hun .
they do scare me when they are bad but i have been told so many times the more you panic the more they happen .

jodie xx

Rachey poos
28-08-07, 00:21
Thanks for your quick reply... it only happens when I am alerted or have an upset or get angry or scared or Panic attack.. its like it jumps about a bit.. it still beats but like has an extra little beat... the longest it has done it is for about 25 mins then when I calmed down .. all back to resting heart rate which is about 72-78. I wish I could just nip off to the Docs but it terrifies me.. even passing the dotors I feel sick and heart goes.. My hubby always takes my Daughter and Hospitals.... dont even go there... I could do with therapy but where do I start! Are your beats the same then at times .. just a roll of them untill the panic subsides? I used to have fluuters EVERY DAY... ALL DAY few yrs ago but that went.....xxxx

dizzy
28-08-07, 13:35
these beats ur getting are ectopics, they are totally harmless, im getting them right now, except i get them quite constantly! iv been having them for the past few days, they do eventually go and then reappear in the same way. i usually get the fluttering when i'm arguing with someone! lol anyway dont worry about it, especially as the doctor has checked them! take care :hugs:

debera
28-08-07, 13:49
hi rach
i am the same as you. i have a doctor and medical phobia. jut like you everytime i go pass the docs office i go into a panic. i also get the ectopic heart beats. not nice i know. i try to ditract myself as much as possible . i try going for walks and get busy with doing housework. it does help some. but i know how scarey ectopic heart beats can be.
love debera

Rachey poos
28-08-07, 23:18
Thanks you are all ace... been fine today until after dinner.. they started so I got on my bike and went with hubby to the fields wiv me bike...always have to have me bike ( feel safer) and had loads of them whilst walking and pushing the bike... later did a few burps:ohmy: .. laid on grass and chilled and they died down!