PDA

View Full Version : vomitted blood and had to call 999

traciec39
28-08-07, 01:18
on friday after an early birthday garden party which involved a fair bit of booze!! i started coughing, i had a tickle in my throat. For a while ive had a lumpy dry throat that the docs didnt seem concerned about at all, anyway as i was coughing it made me vomit and there was quite a bit of blood.
To say i was scared was an under statement, however the alcohol made me a bit numb to the situation, i ran upstairs called 999 and a ambulance took me to hospital. they immediatley admitted me put a drip etc.
All my blood results came back normal and after 2 days i came home tonight, i have to go back for a camera down to my stomach, oh m im sooo scared, they think i may have an ulcer as i suffer really bad with acid and have been sick a few times before with it(but never any blood).
i was already taking losec 20mg but they have increased it to 40mg now.
i wasnt really in any pain just a slight discomfort aroung my right rib(which has been there for ages).
Anyway i have spent my 41st birthday in hospital though they let me come home tonight, i feel really scaredthat i will vomit again and see blood.

also the dry throat which feel like a lump that food keeps sticking to, is really bothering me. the doctor seems to think that tummy acid has caused that too.

sorry for my mega long post....but i wondered if anyone else has had this?

Im so worried at the moment ...even though being a health anxiety sufferer for years like i have, has probably caused this.

thanks very much for reading this...ps to top off the matter the poor man in the next bed (mixed ward) died this morning, which has made me sad, even though i didnt know him.

luv tracie xx

breeze25
28-08-07, 08:07
i am sorry you had such a rough bithday, I don't really have that much to add, but I could tell how worried you were and I didn't want to let your thread go ananswered as I know how I feel when I see lots of people have looked and not commented.

My mum had to have a camera down the throat, she was also nervous and they sedated her, which really helped, she felt a lump, but when they looked they found nothing, about 2 days after that it appeared to go away, so they put hers down to anxiety.

I hope your feeling better soon and your mind put at rest, I am sure your right with the anxiety.

spacebunnyx
28-08-07, 11:45
hi, hope u feel better soon. just letting you know i'm having a kind of similar thing to you with the food sticking in throat thing. in 4 hours i'm having a barium meal xray to have a look! please try not to worry - easier said than done.. the way i see it is if there is something wrong... and chances are there isn't... you should make the most of each day anyway and not ruin every precious moment in anxiety.

all the best

:flowers:

Lissy43
28-08-07, 12:50
Oh poor you, I hope your results come back ok.

dizzy
28-08-07, 13:39
i've had a camera down my throat! dont worry its not as bad as it sounds! vommiting blood usually means an ulcer or acid, both that can be cured with the right type of medication! dont stress ul be fine :hugs:

pips
28-08-07, 15:32
So Sorry to hear you have been poorly I hope it gets sorted soon for you.

Take Care,

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g3/ksriver80/h/02.gif
Love Pip's X X X x

traciec39
28-08-07, 23:54
thank you so much you lovely people!!
just waiting for the camera apointment to come through, i am trying to be calm. will they sedate me if i ask as im so scared?thnx again
luv tracie xxx

jill
29-08-07, 00:41
Hi Tracie :hugs:

Sorry to hear how you are hun, I know its dame hard not to worry when you have not had this done befor. YES, you CAN ask them to sedate you and YES they DO, give you the choice.

My Mum and my daughter have both had this done. My daughter was very young at the time, so they did sedate her, but they gave my mum a choice, she was soooo scared so she got sedated, she did say after, that her worry was all for nothing, BUT, tracie, it IS dame hard not to worry when you have something done for the first time.

When your appointment come's through, you can give them a ring and ask this question. I know that you have a choice, but ringing them and a nurse telling her your conerns may help you put your mind at rest even more. They were great with my Mum.

You take care hun, :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

LOVE JILLXX