PDA

View Full Version : Encouragement Needed

WorryBNot
19-11-18, 01:46
Hi, i've made big strides with anxiety this year having suffered for many many years and the last 2 years being two of the hardest. reading and understanding about anxiety and how it all works and meditating has stopped me from worrying and being on edge as much as i used to, less intrusive thoughts & chatter and overall calmer than i've been in years.

The problem that still plagues me is not being able to switch off and enjoy what i used to, just the feeling of always being aware instead of being totally involved. a big problem in the last 18 months (i've had the problem on and off for years just harder now) or so is when trying to watch films and tv, i'm a huge film fan. it has improved but there's always the checking to see if i've switched off or even a thoughts like "this bits important concentrate" just different thoughts dragging me away from letting go and being fully involved. if i'm playing games or reading i switch off fine.

I don't know if it's clinging longer due to my love of film and tv. i know from what i've read i should keep going and eventually it won't be a problem BUT there's always that little thought "what if it doesn't?"

Anyone had this? is it just part of the process and it will go?

Thanks for any help

amanda*43
25-11-18, 08:16
I think you are doing really well