PDA

View Full Version : Back Again

Estranged
20-11-18, 03:36
Hey everyone, back once again and no idea what it is as well guessing it could be a sign of GAD, here is what's happening.

I have had an umbilical hernia (male) (small) for many yrs that I can remember as of lately (2weeks) I've been reading and obsessing massively of all the dangers these possess due to a risk of strangulation although a 1% chance of it happening as studies show.

I have not had any pain or symptoms (that I'm aware of in all these years) I forgot I even had it to be honest. Now since I've been reading for the past 2 weeks I'm starting to feel every little ache around my lower abdomen such as now my abdomen feels always strained feeling like my back is now sore and chest feeling bruised when pressing lightly on it, as well now I'm focusing on without trying to be rude bowel movements and feel like I'm struggling there

I don't know if this would be considered as a general anxiety disorder causing these symptoms or making me focus on them now more as of 2 weeks ago like I mentioned this is when I started doing all this reading and have never had the symptoms that I'm having now in the past eight to 10 years that I'm aware of

Hopefully I can get some feedback to see if others go through this as I've never been diagnosed with specifically g a d but I have had my many shares of panic attacks which I haven't faced in a long time

Sorry for the long post thanks for reading

Estranged

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk

rcs
21-11-18, 19:19
Hi Estranged, I am having similar health anxieties which are connected with GAD although not as complicated as yours but my feelings veer from logical to illogical thoughts about my health and I am sure it is a form of OCD as well.

Three months ago I tore a muscle in my shoulder (rotator cuff) and it is very sore but is gradually getting better . I have been experiencing pains spreading from my shoulder to my chest and I have been having anxious thoughts that i am going to have a heart/angina attack or that i will need a heart bypass operation but it is probably pain radiating from my shoulder. When I am extremely anxious i get aches and pains especially in my back and shoulders which can be confused with more serious conditions.

I hope you feel better soon and these problems get better . I am on a health drive at the moment and have stopped smoking to try and reduce these anxieties or distract me at least.

Take Care RCS

Estranged
22-11-18, 03:58
Hi Estranged, I am having similar health anxieties which are connected with GAD although not as complicated as yours but my feelings veer from logical to illogical thoughts about my health and I am sure it is a form of OCD as well.

Three months ago I tore a muscle in my shoulder (rotator cuff) and it is very sore but is gradually getting better . I have been experiencing pains spreading from my shoulder to my chest and I have been having anxious thoughts that i am going to have a heart/angina attack or that i will need a heart bypass operation but it is probably pain radiating from my shoulder. When I am extremely anxious i get aches and pains especially in my back and shoulders which can be confused with more serious conditions.

I hope you feel better soon and these problems get better . I am on a health drive at the moment and have stopped smoking to try and reduce these anxieties or distract me at least.

Take Care RCS
Thanks RCS for sharing, it's amazing how much it makes your mind wander....arrrrg :)

Good luck on your health Kick, quitting smoking is a really good start

Estranged

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk