PDA

View Full Version : White bubbly phlegm and lung concerns

Ryan05
20-11-18, 10:41
So, these symptoms have been causing me quite a lot of panic, I have phlegm that is mostly clear in the liquid itself, but is full of white bubbles and some white streaks mixed in the liquid as well. Also, with my lungs, I have a very odd churning sensation in my upper chest, when this happens, if I exhale with some force or cough (much easier to hear and feel if it's not a cough), there's a strange wheeze coming from my throat around the bottom of my neck that will stop if I continue to exhale/cough. Does anyone know if either of these symptoms warrants concern, or am I probably just getting myself worked up? For the record, I've never smoked and don't have a history of respiratory issues. Thanks.

Fishmanpa
20-11-18, 15:23
Try an OTC allergy med if it's bothering you.

Positive thoughts

Hypomania
20-11-18, 16:27
Hey man, this happens to me all the time. I have asthma so I'm prone to having excess mucus in my lungs, so I'm frequently clearing my throat or coughing up mucus you describe when I have a cold.

I also have post-nasal drip, which is another cause of my spitting up clear/white bubbly mucus. This might be a possibility for you, and since the wheezing stops after you cough, it seems like the wheezing air traveling past mucus that's stuck in your throat. I get that a lot as well.