PDA

View Full Version : Hantavirus

Aanh28
20-11-18, 18:17
Hello. I went to get my oil changed a couple of days ago. The mechanic told me that he found a mouse nest near tge engine and lots of mouse poop. We live near a field so it makes sense. After he showed me under the hood he closed the hood and I'm afraid dust from the poop got breathed in. I live in Colorado where i know there is hantavirus. I'm a mess. I've had my kids in the car too before i knew that was there. I hate this.

Worrywart84
20-11-18, 18:47
Since 1993,, there have been 728 cases total. That’s 25 years.

The likelihood of a car accident in that car is sooooooo much more likely (and I bet you don’t freak out like this everytime you drive.)

HA messes with us so bad. Hopefully my third party perspective helps you relax a bit.

Pamplemousse
20-11-18, 23:55
Speaking of Colorado and hantavirus, even this didn't give anybody in the video it (the car gets described as 'hantavirusy') - from 18:58 onwards... :ohmy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaCGz-2j1Oo

Fishmanpa
21-11-18, 00:51
Just a FYI about this. I worked in the car business for a short time many years ago. I also live in a rural area. The negative things you've heard about it are true. They'll do anything to sell a car or service. In the service department, they had a shelf of messed up parts. One of the scams they perpetrated was to show the customer a dirty air filter or a mouse infested cabin filter. Of course the customer would freak out and say replace it! Cha Ching! Add $50 to the bill!

Just something to be aware of. And that kind of BS was the reason I'm not in the business any more!

Positive thoughts