PDA

View Full Version : Handling Christmas with HA

Limeslime
21-11-18, 11:21
I always find special events to be quite triggering for me, and I’ve found myself avoiding all thing Christmassy...which is sad because it used to be my favourite time around f year and I have three children!
I want to be able to enjoy Christmas but I know the combination of the pressure to be well, no access to primary care services for an extended time and just the general sentimentality of the season will make me think about my (probably non existent) impending illness or death!
My health anxiety started on Christmas night last year, so bad memories too!
Anyone have any tips on how to survive and hopefully enjoy the upcoming festive season?

jules321
21-11-18, 14:35
I struggle at holidays too. It’s so hard and sad that HA zaps away the fun of special times. I remember never being scared at all much less around the holidays. Xmas was my favorite. Now I’m aware that doctors will be closed, the ER with the flu rampant is my only access to healthcare, the whole thing is terrifying. I thought my HA was improving but I’m definitely in a setback.

Fishmanpa
21-11-18, 14:37
There's an entire thread (https://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=162814) that was started last year on this subject and it was revived for this very reason. A lot of good coping strategies too. Check it out.

Positive thoughts