PDA

View Full Version : big jump backwards - child leg pain

conan
22-11-18, 01:22
hi folks. haven't been on here much in the last two years, really felt like i had a handle on things. even eased up on the meds. but my 6yo daughter has been complaining of leg pain at night for the last 18 months and now it seems to be happening during the day too and focused on one leg. she's gotta have an x-ray today and i am a complete mess. i feel like it has been so long since I've had to apply the lessons i'd learnt re: health anxiety that i've forgotten them all, and all i can think about is horror stories where a child's leg pain ended up being cancer.

not sure what I'm after posting on here, just need to vent in a sympathetic space i guess. sorry. hi.

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk

Loggie05
22-11-18, 01:49
Im on uk time so i probably wont see the outcome of xray for a while. I just wanted to say ive been in your shoes. My son had a rather large lump at the top of his shin. It bothered him for around 5 months so i took him to get checked out. I was convinced he had bone cancer. I felt physically sick with worry. Turned out to be osgood schlatters disease which is very common. Anyways please try not to worry. Its probably just good old growing pains. Try your best to stay factual. The chances of it being anything sinister after 18mths is slim.

conan
22-11-18, 03:22
thank you for the reply, appreciate it. :)

Loggie05
23-11-18, 04:37
How did xray go? Hope all is well.

Clarice1
23-11-18, 10:47
My son had this and it was growing pains, he is a tall boy.
How did you get on?

conan
05-04-22, 07:51
always forget to reply to these threads so just for posterity: she ended up having a scan in august 2019 and it was clear, and over the years it's completely gone away. just one of those things, i suppose.

NoraB
05-04-22, 08:35
always forget to reply to these threads so just for posterity: she ended up having a scan in august 2019 and it was clear, and over the years it's completely gone away. just one of those things, i suppose.

Good on ya for coming back with this conan. So many people don't and it's unhealthful given that this forum deals with a lot of health anxiety.

People with HA will imagine a fearful outcome for threads like this where in reality most people get the all clear but don't bother to update..

For the benefit of others who might be worrying about this, my son is 12 and over 6 feet tall. He has a lot of leg pain. It's common with kids as they grow up...