PDA

View Full Version : Panicking over possible MS, please help

heavyweightworrier
23-11-18, 14:08
Hi, first of all I’m a 21 year old female. I’ve been worried about ms/als for a long time now but have always somehow been able to calm down about it. What triggered my worry today is I noticed my hands were shakier than usual (I’ve had generally shaky hands pretty much ever since I can remember or at least since I was a teen) and one finger in specific is shaking uncontrollably. I noticed this after I’d just eaten so it shouldn’t be low blood pressure.

So I googled the symptoms and noticed I’ve had a lot of them, especially recently, including fatigue (might just be depression), vision problems (I’ve needed glasses for years now but noticed my vision getting worse lately, especially in one of my eyes which I believe was mentioned on google in the symptoms), muscle spasms, tingling and occasional numb patches, kind of (they feel numb when I don’t touch them but when I do I can feel my touch on them just fine), random pains and probably more.

However the symptom I’m most worried about is lately I’ve been misspelling and misreading stuff a lot despite not having dyslexia and usually being pretty good with words, problems with phrasing, forgetting random words, bad short term memory (have had some really scary occurences with this one), just processing information slower.

I’m currently having a pest problem for the second time and it’s super difficult for me as I also have severe ocd so I’m constantly stressed, but not sure if stress alone could cause all these symptoms. The first time around I had pests (a couple months ago) I experienced some similiar symptoms mentally and they seemed to mostly go away once the problem was solved but now they’re back, and I feel like they’re much worse than before. My local health center is currently closed and I’m trying to stop myself from paying a bunch for a taxi to the nearest hospital especially since I think diagnosing ms is something that probably can’t be done easily or fast so I should just get an appointment for monday or whatever but I’m really freaking out. Sorry this is long, like I said I’m just really panicking