PDA

View Full Version : Scared of bat bites v2

Dimdim
11-11-18, 14:55
i'm pretty much always scared of rabies and recently i've found some cuts of some sort that look like bat bites and i got really scared that i might get rabies. around a week ago i found 2 small cuts on my elbow and today i found 2 cuts that look like a bat bite on my eyelid but it doesnt look like it broke through the skin but it's still showing up.

snowghost57
11-11-18, 15:01
I'm sure if you were bit by a bat you would know it. Have you been walking in caves where bats live? Has a bat hit you in the face and bit you on the eyelid or your elbow? I'm sure if you have been struck by a bat you would know it. Rabies is very rare these days with all of the vaccines available.

Dimdim
11-11-18, 15:06
Do they bite you when you are sleeping or is that something people say to scare people because that's what I'm worrying about

nomorepanic
11-11-18, 15:17
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239

Dimdim
23-11-18, 04:53
Recently I've been scared of bats biting me when im sleeping can someone explain how that wouldn't be possible

paranoid-viking
23-11-18, 05:59
No that would not be possible. Unless you are sleeping in a bat cave of course.

Elen
23-11-18, 08:24
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

Elen

Dimdim
24-11-18, 03:09
I'm worried about being bitten by a bat while I'm sleeping, is this possible?

please do not give me a "courtesy reply" and merge this with another thread keep it as it is I just want a simple answer and everytime you give me a "courtesy reply" it tends to kill the thread

Scottyboy
24-11-18, 05:03
Well of course it is possible...anything is possible. However the question is whether your current worry/obsession with bats is reasonable.

Did you see a bat in your room? I recall you were concerned a bat bit your eyelid. You would most certainly know if a bat was on your face, even if you were sleeping.

Fishmanpa
24-11-18, 13:04
I'm worried about being bitten by a bat while I'm sleeping, is this possible? please do not give me a "courtesy reply" and merge this with another thread keep it as it is I just want a simple answer and everytime you give me a "courtesy reply" it tends to kill the thread

It's the same question you asked in the previous thread and the thread doesn't continue because there's nothing else to say :shrug: This is, as with every rabies thread here, totally fantastical in nature :lac:

You never answered my question concerning your age :shrug:

Positive thoughts

nomorepanic
24-11-18, 13:21
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

Dimdim
24-11-18, 14:18
Well, my age didn't matter you just wanted to know my age because I posted "weird." If it actually relates to the problem sure ill answer your question

Fishmanpa
24-11-18, 15:00
Well, my age didn't matter you just wanted to know my age because I posted "weird." If it actually relates to the problem sure ill answer your question

Ok... Your avoidance actually gives me a clue. Are you getting any help for your anxiety?

Positive thoughts

Dimdim
24-11-18, 23:11
Ok... Your avoidance actually gives me a clue. Are you getting any help for your anxiety?

Positive thoughts

Nope

Fishmanpa
24-11-18, 23:15
Please check THIS (https://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=211324) out.

Positive thoughts

AMomentofClarity
24-11-18, 23:27
please do not give me a "courtesy reply" and merge this with another thread keep it as it is I just want a simple answer and everytime you give me a "courtesy reply" it tends to kill the thread

Take a hint....stop posting the same irrational fears over and over again.

nomorepanic
24-11-18, 23:35
Can I ask why you are not treating the underlying problem - the anxiety?

Dimdim
25-11-18, 00:10
Please check THIS (https://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=211324) out.

Positive thoughts

It says page not found when I click on the modules.

Nevermind I found it, thanks.

nomorepanic
25-11-18, 00:17
Yeah they are not working

You could try the CBT programme we recommend on here

Fishmanpa
25-11-18, 00:18
It says page not found when I click on the modules.

Nevermind I found it, thanks.

Hmmm... That's odd... Will have to ask Robin. Yeah the link at the top takes you there.

Positive thoughts

nomorepanic
25-11-18, 00:25
They are nothing to do with Robin though

Fishmanpa
25-11-18, 00:29
They are nothing to do with Robin though

Ahhh got ya... He just posted the link in his thread... Here's the link to Robin's course...

http://cbt4panic.org/

Positive thoughts

Dimdim
05-03-19, 02:52
I don't know how to add my old posts into a new post so bot person you can do that.
I've been free of this rabies anxiety for a while, but I found a random bite on my middle toe and I'm scared that it's infected. Any logic to counter that I know infected wounds are red warm and numb, is there anything else?

Elen
05-03-19, 08:00
To add to your thread just go to the thread and put your post here.

Sadly we do not have bots to do that, it is old fashioned humans who have to do it.

Double_Rainbow
15-03-19, 20:24
Recently I've been scared of bats biting me when im sleeping can someone explain how that wouldn't be possible
If you are like most people who live in the temperate climates, then no, it's not possible, as bats are hibernating. If you are like some of us, who live in Florida, then it might be possible. I just saw bats a few days back flying by. However, unless you have bats where you sleep, or unless you get drunk and pass out in the bats' cave, then it is very highly unlikely. So highly unlikely that this possibility can be ignored. The key to get over anxiety is not to prove that your feared scenario is impossible. It is to accept that it is possible, but highly improbable. Good luck!