PDA

View Full Version : Forgetting words when speaking-stress or brain tumor or MS?

scaredpt
24-11-18, 16:45
This holiday break I’ve realized I’ve been forgetting words more often than I usually do when speaking. Is this something to worry about? I’ve read it could be a symptom of random diseases

RadioGaGa
24-11-18, 17:24
scared patient

This forum has done it AGAIN! Recently I realised I was doing EXACTLY the same thing as you. Saying wrong words/forgetting words and names/confusing words and, like you, I worried about brain tumour.

Logged on here, saw your post and that's what I meant when I said "this forum has done it again". Many times I've had a 'symptom', only to come on here and find someone suffering the same.

It's probably just stress. I think we can both relax!

Good luck

Fishmanpa
24-11-18, 17:27
I was going to respond but forgot what I wanted to say :doh: :shades:

Positive thoughts

gradually_suddenly
26-11-18, 04:23
I get this too. In fact, when i was very depressed, I found myself almost unable to speak normally (I was very quiet and found that forming words was difficult/required more conscious effort than normal-nobody noticed except me though-but to me it felt very weird). I also found the same thing with walking-i felt like I would have to put one foot in front of the other more consciously...if that makes sense? Whereas walking and speaking usually comes normally and without any effort or thought.

I checked with my doctor and he told me this is definitely an effect of anxiety and depression-something to do with the signals of the brain going out to instruct us to speak and walk getting disturbed. I think when you are depressed and have anxiety, the entire body is messed up. It is not MS, it is just anxiety. Both of the above improved/went away when I got better to the point where I no longer noticed it, by the way.