PDA

View Full Version : One year later and I’m slipping back into it... Melanoma fear

Pandarug
24-11-18, 19:02
Exactly a year ago on thanksgiving weekend the worst few months of my life began. It was one of the worst weekends of my life.

Now this weekend I’ve noticed a mole on my thigh has a change to it. I know I’ve had this mole for my entire life, and it was one of my most perfect moles, as weird as it is to say that. Well a week or so ago I’ve noticed it raised a little bit and appears to have what looks like acne in it. A very very small pimple. I do get acne on my thighs and for a while I’ve just been telling myself that it’s that. Well I’ve been treating the acne on my thigh, except for that little area, and it’s cleared up, but what appears to be acne on the mole hasn’t. Keep in mind I haven’t touched it. Im worried sick again and now I don’t just feel anxiety I feel angry. I don’t want the next few months of my life to be absolute tournament like they were last year. I’m so so scared and I don’t know what to do. Please help.

---------- Post added at 19:02 ---------- Previous post was at 17:41 ----------

I’m absolutely sick to my stomach. I’m 16 years old by the way, if that helps anyone. My mom told me not to worry and it’ll be pretty hard convincing her to take me to a dermatologist. I’m so so so scared. The good news is I recently started dating this guy but I don’t know how that’s going to help my anxiety because now I will have the guilt that he’ll have to see me suffer. Has anyone had something like this? I dont know where to look and I’m desperately avoiding Googling things, I know the dark path that can become of that. Does anyone have any coping mechanism also?

Fishmanpa
24-11-18, 19:12
I’m 16 years old by the way

That helps a lot. Sorry you're so worried about nothing :(

Positive thoughts

Pandarug
24-11-18, 19:24
That helps a lot. Sorry you're so worried about nothing :(

Positive thoughts

Sorry, could you elaborate on that. I do remember you posting on my old post from last year.

Fishmanpa
24-11-18, 19:50
What did you learn in therapy at school that could help you now aside from reassurance seeking?

Positive thoughts

Pandarug
24-11-18, 20:04
What did you learn in therapy at school that could help you now aside from reassurance seeking?

Positive thoughts

She gave me a paper and all but it was so long ago

Fishmanpa
24-11-18, 20:36
Why don't you THIS (https://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=211324) and work on it?

Positive thoughts

Pandarug
25-11-18, 13:19
What really scares me is that this isn’t just a feeling, it’s a real thing happening to my mole and I’m so scared. Has anyone had something similar to this?? Please help!!

Here are images of what I’m talking about
https://imgur.com/a/r8qtCSx

I guess the good news is that it’s been looking the same for ever since it started and I’ve had that mole virtually my entire life.

AMomentofClarity
25-11-18, 14:12
What really scares me is that this isn’t just a feeling, it’s a real thing happening to my mole and I’m so scared. Has anyone had something similar to this?? Please help!!

Here are images of what I’m talking about
https://imgur.com/a/r8qtCSx

I guess the good news is that it’s been looking the same for ever since it started and I’ve had that mole virtually my entire life.

It’s all in your mind honestly. Treat the illness that you do have....