PDA

View Full Version : Sepsis Panic - Abdominal Abscess

RaeD
24-11-18, 18:38
Hello everyone! New here but often read due to HA. Two weeks ago I had pus drain from my belly button. Went to physician and was told it is infection and take Clindamycin 2x a day. It got progressively more tender in the area and kept draining so I saw my regular doctor 4 days later who increased the medicine to 4x a day but my stomach could not manage that. I finished the 10 days on 3x a day yesterday and by then understood more of what was happening. We could see in during cleaning it there is actually an opening at the very bottom we thought was infected but it is not what is draining and most likely where a stitched opened from previous laparoscopic surgery. There is a large abscess or boil on the one side of the belly button that got angry and enlarged about 1/2 way through meds then it popped and drained and felt better. Again 2 days ago it was tender and you could see it enlarged. I woke up in the middle of the night to bloody drainage but again it is reducing. Today I start 10 days of doxycycline since it isn’t fully healed but my real panic is now I have sepsis since the infection, bloating in the lower abdomen, tenderness and some dark urine. I got extremely fatigued last night and had to lay down for a bit which is very uncharacteristic. Today ran errands and got dizzy but I am not certain it isn’t anxiety. As a mom of young children I am always most anxious about something bad happening to me and leaving them. 😢

nomorepanic
24-11-18, 20:08
To be honest if you are worried about sepsis you need to get it looked at asap.

I am sure it isn't but wouldn't want to not advise you to do that.

BlueIris
24-11-18, 20:11
This isn't something to mess about with. If you're concerned, you need to see a doctor as soon as you possibly can.

Gee
24-11-18, 22:13
I would ask your doc, just to check you over. Personally I don’t think you have sepsis because I think you would likely have a high temp, mottled skin, confusion and things like that but sepsis isn’t something to take lightly so even if it’s your HA I’d ask the doc to ask their opinion and get the all clear. I had sepsis in labour and had a crazy high temp and was shaking uncontrollably etc

Xx

RaeD
24-11-18, 23:13
Thank you all. I appreciate it. I agree it needs rechecked but my doctor is closed until a Monday so I appreciate the reassurance it can wait until then unless my temp jumps, the mental confusion, etc. For now same ache and tenderness and just fatigue but have had 13 days total of Clindamycin and starting the doxycycline so even if not enough to clear it it must be helping to bring it to a head and drain some.

My dad had pancreatic cancer at 49 and they went to drain a pus pocket and put him instantly into septic shock and we almost lost him so with this infection in my gut brewing and a lump to the side of the belly button my HA gets the best of me. Trying to tell myself the things like no high fever and the lump probably lymph node doing as it should

nomorepanic
24-11-18, 23:35
You can go to the ER if you need to surely?

Fishmanpa
25-11-18, 00:15
Or Urgent Care if it's not an emergency.

Positive thoughts