PDA

View Full Version : Could really need some help!

kaylz
25-11-18, 15:38
I can feel a panic attack coming on. I’ve tried to calm myself down but I think I have reached the point of no return. Any advice would be helpful. I have suffered with them for almost 10 years. I’m at my wits end!

caroline-j
25-11-18, 18:36
Hi kayls. Only just read yr post. Hope yr feeling alot better now. X

Serendipitous
26-11-18, 04:36
I'm having one right now as well. This one is really bad also. Usually I can calm myself down by breathing or meditating. Not this time. It just keeps going. I figured o would come here and just read what other people have to say who also suffer from panic attacks. It takes my mind off of myself. I know what you're feeling. It sucks. I have xanax that I could take which would probably help me significantly, but I'm too afraid to take those too.

Seffie
27-11-18, 16:33
I know it's really hard to do but if you can just let it happen & let it wash over you that is the best way to handle these. This is the Claire Weekes / DARE method & it absolutely works but I know it's hard to do especially as you don't always realise it was 'only' a panic attack until it's over. Tell yourself you have had these before & you were OK so you probably will be now, it's nothing more than too much adrenaline in your system & nothing is really wrong with you. Breathe in through your nose & out through your mouth, with pursed lips, for longer than the in breath. Then when it's over don't ruminate about it just pick yourself up, go make yourself a drink or something & go and do something nice & just let it go.
None of this is easy & takes practice but trying to stop it happening will only make it worse, let it happen then let it go.
Take care
Seffie

Sandra1980
27-11-18, 16:58
I know it's really hard to do but if you can just let it happen & let it wash over you that is the best way to handle these. This is the Claire Weekes / DARE method & it absolutely works but I know it's hard to do especially as you don't always realise it was 'only' a panic attack until it's over. Tell yourself you have had these before & you were OK so you probably will be now, it's nothing more than too much adrenaline in your system & nothing is really wrong with you. Breathe in through your nose & out through your mouth, with pursed lips, for longer than the in breath. Then when it's over don't ruminate about it just pick yourself up, go make yourself a drink or something & go and do something nice & just let it go.
None of this is easy & takes practice but trying to stop it happening will only make it worse, let it happen then let it go.
Take care
Seffie

That's what I used to do but not on purpose I think the fact that I didn't even know what a panic attack was never mind a severe one helped,because I didn't react to them they stopped in seconds but I was a nervous wreck for hours after them but had to stay at my work.The one time I did react to one because I wasn't expecting it it put me into a breakdown and there is no way I could cope with having another one so have medication to stop them now.