PDA

View Full Version : Leukemia fear

Sampowell542
25-11-18, 16:58
Was getting dressed then and noticed red patches on the top of my arm. They look like red blood spots. Ive convinced myself its the start of the leukemia rash. I sometimes get a red rash if I itch but this looks different, bigger almost. Theres not a lot of spots, maybe 5-6. I cant remember being super itchy in this spot.freaking out!!

NancyW
25-11-18, 17:11
leukemia rash

What? :shrug:

How the heck did you come to THAT conclusion?

Maybe it's just a plain old ordinary rash ..

Sampowell542
25-11-18, 19:03
I stuidly googled it. And it came up with meningitis. Ive done the tumbler test and i doesnt change when presses. Im beside myself. Ive been ill this week with a throat infection and now convinced its meningitis

NancyW
25-11-18, 19:13
I stupidly googled it. And it came up with meningitis.
Ive done the tumbler test
Im beside myself.
convinced its meningitis

Look at what you've done to yourself. :lac: "Tumbler test" ??? WTH ???

You've diagnosed yourself and you are self testing .. :doh:

If your best friend told you this today, how would you respond?

Sampowell542
25-11-18, 19:29
Im just so worried. There was instructions of pressing a glass tumbler on it to see if it fades. If not its meningitis. I noticed it hours ago and it hasnt remotely changed. Thats a good sign surely. I need to get out this spiral but i haven't a clue how

Worrywart84
25-11-18, 19:39
Are you saying when you press the glass on it that it doesn’t briefly fade?

NancyW
25-11-18, 19:49
I need to get out this spiral but i haven't a clue how

STOP self-testing
STOP googling

It can be a thousand things OTHER than Leukemia.

If are so concerned go to the dr and while you are there ask for help with your anxiety.

Sampowell542
25-11-18, 19:52
Are you saying when you press the glass on it that it doesn’t briefly fade?

No. It doesnt fade completely. It goes ever so slightly lighter. But the main 4 orangey/red blobs stay there. Thats what im concerned about

Fishmanpa
25-11-18, 19:56
You were convinced you had a brain tumor and toxic shock syndrome in the last couple of weeks. Of course you didn't! Just like all the other fears you've posted about, this is not rational. Pursue it if you must but the "Told Ya So Gang" is waiting in the wings.

Positive thoughts

RadioGaGa
25-11-18, 20:03
Nope, this is just anxiety getting the better of you

Sampowell542
25-11-18, 20:12
Im more concerned it doesn't go when firmly pressed. Thats what i cant get passed. Im so stupid

---------- Post added at 20:12 ---------- Previous post was at 20:09 ----------

Im more concerned that it doesnt fade when pressed. Im so stupid

RadioGaGa
25-11-18, 20:59
A lot of viral rashes won't disappear using the glass test. So, if anything, that's what it could be. But we don't need to worry about meningitis - the rash is usually the last to appear of the triad of symptoms.