PDA

View Full Version : Headaches...spiraling :(

ktdid2000
25-11-18, 19:23
I’ve been suffering with headaches for about 3 weeks now. They started when I hit my head on the roof of my car (like, concussion level hitting), kicked in about 2 days later. Felt like a classic tension headache with pressure all around the head. About a week after the event I finally went to the doc who said I may have a very minor concussion but without other symptoms she felt a CT or other imaging was unwarranted. 3 days after my doctor visit I got a sinus infection and subsequent sinus headache. The one where when you breathe in it sends shooting pains to the back of your head. :(

Anyway, after so long with some type of headache I am over it and my health anxiety is starting to entertain more serious things like brain tumors and whatnot. I’m getting nervous about not having had imaging and getting worried that something serious is going on. Advil and other pain relievers don’t seem to be helping. Stress makes it soooo much worse (duh), as does reading and computer work. I haven’t found anything that really helps yet, but the headache has changed from the original one to more of a sinus type. It’s hard to say if maybe the sinus thing hadn’t happened if it might have gone away already. My neck and shoulders have been stiff and sore so not sure if that played into the original tension-type headache.

Should I be pushing for imaging here or what??? Has anyone had a headache for this long without a serious problem?

RadioGaGa
25-11-18, 19:43
ktdid2000

Brain tumours presenting with headache alone are so rare, we may as well say it never happens. The statistic for a headache alone being a brain tumour is, if I remember correctly, somewhere in the region of 7 in 1,000,000. If this number is correct (it may be slightly lower or higher, I can't remember) your chances are TEENY. And we know you have a cause for your headaches.

You hit your head, you got a headache. That's normal. You had a sinus infection, you got a headache. That's normal.

I'm sure you're fine and you need to try and keep telling yourself that.

Good luck