PDA

View Full Version : Painful to open mouth, small lump near ear.

golddustgirl1000
25-11-18, 22:41
Hello everyone, for the past almost two weeks now, I’ve been experiencing jaw pain on one side... up near my ear where the jaw hinges..

I only feel it when I have to open my mouth a little larger to bite into specific foods, or when I’m yawning... about a week into having it, I noticed a small, moveable, limo right in front of my ear ( if you were to take your fingers at the bottom of the lobe, to over about an inch in front and palpitate it you could feel it. It’s small, soft and movable, but is a little painful..

I’ve been poking and prodding it every day hoping it will go away.. ( probably not helping it) but I’m nervous...

I know I know... it’s probably tmj.... but why the lump? My husband hasn’t noticed me grinding my teeth in my sleep... not sure if I’m a clenched...When I wake up in the morning it feels less painful, but as the day progresses it’s painful and sometimes even creates weird tightness/ tension above my top teeth...Do I need to worry about cancer?

nomorepanic
25-11-18, 23:42
No you don't need to worry about cancer - why would you?

Just go and see a doctor and ask them what it is.

golddustgirl1000
01-12-18, 06:08
Uhm.. cause it’s a lump... i don’t even know what kind of a dr to go to for this? Ppl say dentist..?