PDA

View Full Version : Minor Intermittent Cramps All Over Body

geneticblizzard
26-11-18, 22:44
Hey guys, just sitting here in bed, trying to get to sleep, miserable as this is my first serious HA episode in quite a while.

So like the title says, I've been having cramps all day in places around my body. It's centred primarily around my hands, feet, arms, and to a lesser extent my legs and shoulders - but I've convinced myself I've also felt them around my neck/throat, and in my abdominal muscles.

The first cramps I experienced were actually last night, in my right foot. I was dehydrated, so I drank a few glasses of water, and it went away. Cool, so I thought. But today, when I left the house, I was experiencing cramping/discomfort in my right hand, centred around my pinky finger when I bent it a certain direction. It bothered me a little, but I remembered having it in the past, and assumed I'd pulled something.

An hour or so later, I was experiencing cramps in my left foot, and then another hour after that, while I was in a class, I began experiencing very minor cramps all over my body. My legs, my shoulders, my elbow, my lower back - I think. It's hard to tell what I managed to convince myself was a cramp and what was actually a cramp.

I chugged a lot of water, but this didn't really help. I managed to talk myself down by convincing myself it was a result of my new boots. I'm concerned they may be a little tight, since I have very wide feet, and having had bad shoes before, I know that feet, back, and arms are all linked.

The problem is this does not explain any of the other cramping I've had, like in the abdominal area, etc. Again - it may not actually be cramping, I don't know. It's so fleeting, and never full blown.

Eventually, the cramping mostly went away, and stayed away when I got home. But since being in bed, I began experiencing more cramping in my left foot and left hand.

I used to obsessively Google symptoms, but now I'm too terrified to do that anymore. I'm particularly worried about degenerative diseases. I had a first cousin twice removed (I think) who died of MND in his 30s. I can't recall, but I think MND is genetic, so the prospect of having that terrifies me, and looms over me a lot these days - I'm 23.

So yeah... anyone ever have anything like what I describe? Could this cramping be caused by boots?

geneticblizzard
28-11-18, 12:44
Hello? Guys? I know I'm new, but I could really use some help... I'm not doing too well anxiety wise. The cramps have subsided a bit, but not completely, despite the fact I've stopped wearing my boots.

I'm now also getting slight aches from time to time in my arms and wrists, and once my jaw. I'm kind of freaking out.

---------- Post added at 12:44 ---------- Previous post was at 09:09 ----------

Guys?? Please?? Really starting to panic here. I've got finals coming up and this is literally preventing me from doing anything other than worrying and trying to distract myself with media...

Mom2FourKiddos
29-11-18, 00:45
I'm having this exact same thing right now. Literally as I'm typing this my wrists are aching and cramping and my neck. Earlier it was my right flank and back and left foot.

It's stress and anxiety. You are 100% correct not to Google. It will tell you nothing but scary stuff. There is a thread on here about anxiety symptoms and effects it has on your body. I'll see if I can find it. Anxiety does some really weird stuff. The adrenaline that surges through our body during an anxiety attack does terrible things to our nerves and muscles.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

geneticblizzard
29-11-18, 09:03
I'm having this exact same thing right now. Literally as I'm typing this my wrists are aching and cramping and my neck. Earlier it was my right flank and back and left foot.

It's stress and anxiety. You are 100% correct not to Google. It will tell you nothing but scary stuff. There is a thread on here about anxiety symptoms and effects it has on your body. I'll see if I can find it. Anxiety does some really weird stuff. The adrenaline that surges through our body during an anxiety attack does terrible things to our nerves and muscles.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Thank you so much for replying! This helps a lot. It's just the cramping started In my foot the night before and I wasn't feeling anxious then, plus I know my symptoms of anxiety pretty well, and it's usually limb numbness and heaviness and chest tightness, but never this cramping...

I've also unfortunately just had an incident that is at risk of making me spiral... I was on the train just a few minutes ago, and someone at some point sat down who had used shoe polish at some point... I could smell it. Shoe polish is carcinogenic to breathe, and last time I googled it a few weeks ago, I read it could cause something called carcinogenesis, which like, can trigger cancer to develop instantly?? I used shoe polish a few weeks back, and after reading how freaking toxic it was, I am never going near it again, and I freaked out then, but have calmed down as I have no lung cancer symptoms, but this time I was forced against my will to breathe it for like almost 30 minutes in a stuffy train compartment. I hate this horrible selfish person who may have given me cancer :(

What's worse is I could have sworn I felt a menthol-like burning in my mouth and throat, like a very mild version of what mouthwash does, which proves I've taken throat damage:( I'm terrified