PDA

View Full Version : Im back, and frustrated(muscle aches)

razziledazzile
27-11-18, 06:49
So, as you may have seen in my previous post I was fearing leukemia as I have a new type of muscle soreness every day. Literally every day, one day will be my arm, one day my legs, one day my neck. So I had a complete blood work done and every single thing came back clear. I still have soreness and now I don't know what to think? I know I have fellow worriers in here, does the anxiety cause sore muscles for you guys? I know pain isn't all in my head so I really do not know what to think!

BlueIris
27-11-18, 07:09
Yes, definitely, I get random aches and pains all the time. May I ask how old you are, though? Unfortunately this is one of the, um, delights of getting older, too.

razziledazzile
27-11-18, 07:27
Yes, definitely, I get random aches and pains all the time. May I ask how old you are, though? Unfortunately this is one of the, um, delights of getting older, too.

I just turned 20 this year, I have however started working 15 more hours a week recently and been going through finals.

razziledazzile
28-11-18, 03:16
Ok update. Although the reported results were "normal" I called my doctor for more information on the results. She said everything(cbc, liver function, kidney etc) turned out normal HOWEVER my bilirubin level was slightly elevated. Normal is 0.3-1.2. I'm 1.6. I now feel so panicked that I'm nearly inconsolable. I was not even thinking anything was wrong with my gallbladder, now gallbladder cancer seems to make perfect sense. She said I will return for a blood test in 2 weeks to check on the bilirubin levels again, I don't know how I will stay calm for 2 weeks?

Worrywart84
28-11-18, 06:11
For better or worse I’m obsessed with looking up stats on stuff.

Gallbladder cancer in the US in people under 45 has an incidence of 0.06 in 100,000 people. Like, so low they had to report it as a decimal.

I bet if they split that down even further to people under 25 like yourself it would be nonexistent.

razziledazzile
28-11-18, 06:13
For better or worse I’m obsessed with looking up stats on stuff.

Gallbladder cancer in the US in people under 45 has an incidence of 0.06 in 100,000 people. Like, so low they had to report it as a decimal.

I bet if they split that down even further to people under 25 like yourself it would be nonexistent.

Thanks for your reply. I did not know of that statistic! I seem to only find the things that DO relate to me. Feeling eased enough to continue this 10 page essay.