PDA

View Full Version : back to work ahhhhhh!!!!

absb41
29-08-07, 09:20
well as the title says - Its the morning before I am due to go and meet a friend and then meet occu health at work to arrange a strategy for returning to work. All the anxieties and feelings I have had up to now deep down I think are due to my lack of confidence in my abiity to do the job - however I'm a perfectionst and guess I took two much work home with me in my head!!! and it lead to this bout of severe anxiety, feel free to read my other posts.

Well the dr's and mental health professionals have said its is the best thing to do as I sit at home ruminating to the point I scare the living daylights out of myself!!!!

I accept its not going to be easy but I just hate the the anxiety feelings and am aware they will be there or increase today and will be there until things have subsided.

I have to say four weeks ago I never thought I would return as it would have been easier to say to the drs, put me in hospital but I guess that was running away.

any of your thoughts would be appreciated - thanks for reading this X

SammiB
29-08-07, 10:22
I think that returning to work is a very brave thing to do, i was thrown in the deep end at work when my panic started as i had only been there 1 month and was on holiday when anxiety started, but none the less i went back to work, and sure enough i had an attack and went home, this happened during the first week but i kept going back, just in case and one day it was fine and its got so much better since, i don't sit at home anymore dwelling on whats happening.

I think that you are very brave and that you have made great progress so far in just attempting and getting help to go back

You need to create a little switch in your head, that will leave work at work. you only have to worry about work when your there the rest of the time is your time to relax and calm the worry down.

I wish you all the best tomorrow, good luck
and kick butt

xxxxx

MattAsbury
29-08-07, 15:59
I had a massive attack in Amsterdam and was off work on my return for 3 months. In this time i could not leave the house for 2 months for the fear of having another attack. My boss was great though and i started back doing 2 mornings a week.

That was 6 weeks ago and im now back full time! I take 2mg diazepam twice daily and i find work is much easier now. It is scary but you will soon get back into the swing of it and the sense of achievement you get after your first day back really gives you a boost of confidence!

Good luck will be thinking of you x

absb41
29-08-07, 16:24
thanks so much for your above messages. Popped in and have arranged three half days a week for at least two weeks, employers have been absolutely fantastic. As I work in the medical field and was due to rotate into mental health my employers have decided it would be best to do these odd days in the physical setting to build up my confidence and see how I go.

I have to say I hadnt considered this and the easier option would have been to leave the office where I was and go straight into mental health. I guess things happen for a reason and I can finally see a little glimpse of hope emerging after this VERY rough few weeks.

still interested in others thoughts on returning to work.

sammi B I think you got it down to a T about leaving work at home as I'm aware this is what I am going to have to change.

MattAsbury am currently on cipralex and diazepam but trying not to get reliant on it, although it has worked wonders these last few days!!!!