PDA

View Full Version : Lost ability to walk because of fear?

sial72
27-11-18, 15:03
Hi everyone
A bit if background: Just over 3 years ago I had a real health issue, what I had was bad but the absolute terror about not knowing how it would progress made me end up in a psych center for 3 months. I have slowly recovered and this last year have been quite well, working, travelling, etc.
Next week is my Mum's 80th birthday and she has invited us all to Disney Paris.
Just over a month ago my legs ached and it brought back memories of my illness (it felt the same) so I started thinking I would not feel well to go to Disney and that it might be something worse. I'm in such a spiral of terror, I can barely stand or walk. Been to ER, they have referred me to Neurologist.
I keep obsessively looking on internet for people who have lost the ability to walk because of anxiety and can't find anyone. Feel like I'm going to upset my daughter and everyone by pulling out of going to Disney, but I'm paralized by fear (or real illness?).
What I'm asking is has anyone actually lost the ability to walk because of anxiety??
Sorry for the ramble and thanks in advance for any replies

Fishmanpa
27-11-18, 15:34
Sorry to hear you're struggling. I did know of a woman on another site that was literally bed bound for close to six months due to her anxiety. She said she literally crawled to the bathroom as standing would make her too dizzy. That scenario fed itself as muscles weakened making it harder to do simple things which fed her anxiety etc. It's a vicious cycle.

Hope you find a way to overcome this.

Positive thoughts

sial72
27-11-18, 16:52
Thank you so much for replying, I'm just so afraid that my Health Anxiety is out of all control because even though my bloods have come back fine (except for hormones, apparently I'm in perimenopause) I then go on to think of all the things that it could be that don't show up on bloods. I haven't been to work for 2 days, all I do is seek reassurance. I want to snap out of it but I go from deciding to accept it's anxiety to then thinking NO, nobody has had symptoms as bad as mine because of anxiety. But if you know of this person Fishmanpa then obsiously it is possible. Thanks again!