PDA

View Full Version : The winter itch

Noworryjonny
27-11-18, 18:26
My skin feels really dry and itchy and always plays up around winter time? I’m worried about it, I don’t know why but I am, I have seen online about the winter itch, meaning your skin dries out over winter? Does anyone suffer from this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fishmanpa
27-11-18, 18:28
That's one of the reasons why they make skin cream :winks:

Positive thoughts

Noworryjonny
27-11-18, 19:28
I know, does anyone else suffer with this?

Tiatyrah
27-11-18, 19:36
Yes! I do, my legs, specially my upper itch like crazy. I always have that in the colder days ;)

Fishmanpa
27-11-18, 19:36
Most people do. Why is this a concern? What could possibly be sinister about some dry skin in the Winter? :shrug:

Positive thoughts

Noworryjonny
27-11-18, 19:37
It’s just the itchiness it drives me crazy, however one good thing is worrying about this has made my stomach better

jojo2316
27-11-18, 21:18
It’s just the itchiness it drives me crazy, however one good thing is worrying about this has made my stomach better

Ha Ha! Me too!! I had stomach issues, then I started worrying about itching and hey presto! Stomach issues went!

Noworryjonny
27-11-18, 21:45
It’s so weird isn’t it, but I guess it goes to show how powerful anxiety is

Noworryjonny
28-11-18, 09:07
Hi I recently posted about itchy skin, I have been quite stressed at work recently and my skin has been very itchy recently, no real rash just little bumps now and again, mainly on my legs, hips and arms.

Does anybody suffer with this at all?

I’m really worried

geneticblizzard
28-11-18, 09:27
Sounds like it could be dry skin, probably due to winter. The weather where I am has taken a huge turn lately and the temperature has suddenly dropped. It dries the skin out. Try using some body lotion!

venusbluejeans
28-11-18, 22:10
This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

Emmz

Noworryjonny
29-11-18, 13:37
I’ve spoken to my doc who says my skin is just dry and sensitive and my anxiety is amplifying the itchiness, I’m just worried I have some blood disorder or something else going on, I hate this, and I don’t see anyone else worried about itchy skin which makes me feel worse

jojo2316
29-11-18, 14:45
I am!!! I’m fact I posted about it recently.
I have had - and worried about - it before. So I know that thinking about itching begets itching (which I think your doctor mentioned?)

Noworryjonny
29-11-18, 15:02
I am!!! I’m fact I posted about it recently.
I have had - and worried about - it before. So I know that thinking about itching begets itching (which I think your doctor mentioned?)

What did you put yours down too? Just anxiety?

Noworryjonny
29-11-18, 20:40
I really need some help, why am I so stressed and worried about itchy skin

pulisa
29-11-18, 20:46
Does this worry replace your anxiety about your stomach/IBS? If so this is classic HA.

I take it you are worried that itchy skin means something sinister and not just dry winter skin which can get irritated easily?

Noworryjonny
29-11-18, 20:48
Does this worry replace your anxiety about your stomach/IBS? If so this is classic HA.

I take it you are worried that itchy skin means something sinister and not just dry winter skin which can get irritated easily?

Absolutely, my stomach has completely fixed itself last few days and my whole body itches like mad! And yea I’m terrified it’s something sinister

pulisa
29-11-18, 20:50
What have you "researched" about itchy skin?

Noworryjonny
29-11-18, 20:55
What have you "researched" about itchy skin?

Mostly about it being from dry skin and stress and eczema, but then I saw the one thing about leukaemia and other diseases

pulisa
29-11-18, 21:01
So you weren't prepared to accept routine dry skin and looked for something more sinister on Google?

Fishmanpa
29-11-18, 21:15
Have you actually gone to the store and bought a medicated skin cream that targets dry and itchy skin? There are several brands that could help. Ask your pharmacist.

Positive thoughts

Noworryjonny
29-11-18, 21:16
It’s just my skin don’t look dry, it’s just so itchy and then like little bumps like hives

Fishmanpa
29-11-18, 21:20
It’s just my skin don’t look dry, it’s just so itchy and then like little bumps like hives

Have you actually gone to the store, spoken to your pharmacist and bought a medicated skin cream that targets dry and itchy skin? There are several brands that could help.

It's a 'yes' or 'no' answer. If 'no', why?

Positive thoughts

Noworryjonny
29-11-18, 21:21
No because it don’t look dry

Fishmanpa
29-11-18, 21:23
No because it don’t look dry

Respectfully then, what can anyone do or say if you don't even try to help yourself? :shrug:

Go to the store, show the pharmacist the rash/bumps and get something to help. A cream for dry skin, some hydro-cortisone cream or something.

Positive thoughts

Noworryjonny
30-11-18, 07:54
So I’ve woken up this morning an my skin felt perfect but then within 5 mins of me thinking about it I’m itchy everywhere

pulisa
30-11-18, 08:17
So what does this tell you?

Noworryjonny
30-11-18, 10:03
So what does this tell you?

It’s mainly anxiety related???

Fishmanpa
30-11-18, 14:14
It’s mainly anxiety related???

Remove the question marks and it's a statement of acceptance as opposed to a reassurance seeking reply that feeds your anxiety. Still didn't go to the store I see ;)

Positive thoughts

NancyW
30-11-18, 18:58
I know, does anyone else suffer with this?

Yes, and it started early this year. I already scratched so hard I have scratch marks with scabs..

My husband also itches in the winter, mainly on his shins.

Indoor heat and hot showers/baths are most likely the culprit for us.