PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone else suffer with this? HELP

Mb16
29-11-18, 01:47
So for 2/3 months now I have had on and off pain in my cheekbone, teeth (both top and bottom on the right hand side), jaw which gets stiff and locks sometimes, and below the jaw/chin (almost the top of my throat) it usually lasts about 20/30 mins and is a real aching pain, sometimes it makes me want to clear my throat, I also suffer from sinus pain/pressure with this pain sometimes. I’m just worried that it’s something bad as I scared myself with the thought so of cancer and lymphoma earlier this year. Thanks

---------- Post added at 01:47 ---------- Previous post was at 01:46 ----------

Also forgot to add my wisdom teeth are currently coming through and I am 20 years old.

Mommyof2boys
29-11-18, 02:16
My husband has this, he will say his jaw is "locked" and he can move it a little but it hurts a lot and will massage it and move it around for about 15 minutes trying to get it to feel normal again. His is probably some form of tmj which could be what you're experiencing as well, but could be a nerve being pinched by one of your incoming teeth. Maybe go to a dentist with these concerns.. they might have some answers but it doesn't sound too serious

Worrywart84
29-11-18, 05:48
I’ve had this intermittently for over a decade. It isn’t debilitating but it’s an achy pressure. It also feels like my ear is plugged. I was told by an ENT that it was likely TMJ/sinus related.

poppy77
29-11-18, 16:46
TMJ.

You may need a mouth guard for night use. A lot of times, TMJ is caused by night time teeth grinding or gritting your teeth.