PDA

View Full Version : Inner ear problems

Potter86
29-11-18, 15:35
Hello

I posted alot on here about a year ago said i had brain shakes tremors fuzzy vision amongst other things i had no answers off the doctors apart from anxiety...i had an mri scan in march which showed abit of imflamation of the ear,the doctors just gave me some nasal spray,i since saw a neurologist who said i was ok nothing sinister...anyway since then i stopped comin on here and just accepted it it got a little bit better but the what seems like jerking in the head never really went away and now its back

Symptoms

Like a jerkin in the head constant
Balance issues
It feels like my body is swaying like im on a boat
Feeling sick

Its hard to keep going back the doctors as they just look at me and think im mad,

So i want to know if anyone on here has had inner ear problems and if these symptoms are similar to theres?the feeling of an inside ear tremor has been going on for over a year now

Berry4
30-11-18, 20:46
I have this. Mine is caused by damage to my right ear. I have to have Vestibular Rehabilitation Therapy which is a type of physio. There are videos on how to do it online but they do make you feel worse before you feel better.

jray23
01-12-18, 01:07
Yup. I don't have a tremor but some similar things anyway. Mine is currently being considered "chronic vestibular migraine". At any rate I've read quite a bit about these things! I've experienced that most doctors don't have any clue about this stuff and I've done VRT also which seemed to help, and about to start a second round of it. Although VRT isn't really supposed to help migraine so I don't know if I even have the right diagnosis yet. But at least I know I don't have anything dangerous like a tumor!

If you can't find a knowledgeable ENT or neurologist, you may need to find what is called an "otoneurologist". (and if you're sure that this is a vestibular problem) If you're in London (I'm in the USA but know this board is based in the UK), there's a Dr. Surenthiran in London that everyone on the vestibular boards raves about.

I sincerely hope both of you find the answers and healing you need! This stuff is awful, but as you say, just kind of accepting it helps and minimizing the anxiety is super important!

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk