PDA

View Full Version : Muscle Pain?

Hypochondriac98
30-11-18, 06:09
Hi guys,

Posting because I'm a little confused about a symptom that I'm currently having. The other morning , I woke up with pain in the inner crease of my arm (above my elbow if that makes sense. I'm not good with anatomy) and it feels a little swollen. I feel some pain when I stretch out my arms, but sometimes the pain is just there . I tried searching for what it could be, but I only see "tendonitis, golfers elbow , or blood clots" . Obviously I read the symptoms and its personally a little hard to differentiate the pain. I thought I felt slight pins and needles in one of my fingers , but it didnt last . It also feels like the pain radiates through my arm sometimes. I'm a musician, a percussionist to be exact , and I've been doing some instrument lifting these past few days (I'm a tiny girl, 5'3, barely 100 pounds) , but if I strained something, why would only one of my arms be affected? I dont want to jump the gun and assume a blood clot because I'm only 20, but I cant differentiate the pain. Other than the instrument moving I've done , I do not work out so I'm a little concerned .

---------- Post added at 01:09 ---------- Previous post was at 00:55 ----------

I should also mention the area isn't warm to the touch, but the muscle feels tight. I'm unsure how to proceed. I dont want to go to the ER and be told it's tendonitis , but I also dont want to sit around and do nothing if it's more serious

Fishmanpa
30-11-18, 17:34
Frankly, I would just use some pain relief cream like Ben Gay as it sounds like a muscle strain or a repetitive movement issue. I'm a musician too (guitarist) and I have right wrist issues from playing. Heck, it was lifting equipment in my 20's that threw out my back and caused a L4/L5 disc bulge! It is what it is and I don't worry nor let it stop me :winks:

Positive thoughts