PDA

View Full Version : Swollen lymph node after infection

gracee121x
01-12-18, 23:49
Hi on the 14 November I was prescribed antibiotics for tonsillitis, and my lymph gland on my neck swollen quite bad, I stupidly barely took the antibiotics and my tonsils are now swollen and although my lymph gland went down I can still feel it. I’m really scared and I don’t know if it’s cow the infection is still there or not. I have 0 symptoms of lymphoma but my father passed away from NHL in the lung and I am so so anxious. The node is a bit sore to touch. Please help.

Fishmanpa
02-12-18, 00:41
You didn't take the prescribed meds. What did you expect? I think you should call the doctor and get the script renewed and take your meds.

Positive thoughts

Careful1
02-12-18, 04:13
You barley took the antibiotics? There is a thing called "antibiotic resistance" if we don't take them properly and so next time your given antibiotics it would be wise to follow the directions and finish the course.

Why are you suprised that you got a swollen lymph node if you know you had an infection? It comes with the territory.. Lymph nodes are the bodies filters and it's their job to trap bacteria, they keep the bacteria from spreading. I would be more worried if they didnt respond appropriately.

I know lymphoma is scary, ALL cancer is scary but the truth is that lymphoma is pretty rare when compared to other forms of cancer.

I am sorry about the passing of your father.. I pray one day they find a cure..

gracee121x
03-12-18, 00:59
I’ve got the rest of them now I’m unsure whether to start taking them or get a new prescription

Fishmanpa
03-12-18, 01:01
Call or email and ask the doctor :shrug:

Positive thoughts