PDA

View Full Version : Hi Everyone!!

KrazyKaz07
29-08-07, 15:13
Hi Everyone :)

I'm new to the forum and thought I would say hi.

I'm 25 have two children and engaged to my man of 6 years.

I have been having panic attacks/anxiety now for the past few months. Think it may stem back to April when I had a dog bite and then about a month later I had a bad tooth infection which I was given some antibiotics by the emergency dentist that didn't really agree with me. I was then given different antibiotics by an emergency doctor which helped. I decided to have the problem tooth out as there wasn't much of it left (Not keen on going to the dentist even though I have been loads of times). Since all this my throat has been bit sore and also have tight throat at the moment. Oh and I have been having sinus problems :wacko: What am I like!!!!

I am now more vary of dog's, get anxious when having to take any new medication which leads me to check side effects on packets and get so anxious when having to go to the dentist amongst many other things.:doh:

Anyway so sorry for going on just then, I thought it may give you an insight as to why I have joined the forum.

Looking forward to chatting to you all.

Take Care

Karen XxxX

SammiB
29-08-07, 15:19
Hello Karen

Firstly - "WELCOME" to the site, there are so many people here that you can talk to and trust, we all hope you can find what you are looking for

Secondly - Its very understandable why you would be more wary of dogs and the dentist, i've only had panics for a few months aswell and its a very good thing to look for help early as i feel i'm making small baby step progress.

Good luck to you hope all is well

Sammi

xxxxxxxx

kittykat
29-08-07, 15:22
Hi Karen,

Welcome to the site , it really does help , oh and try not to look at the side effects of meds cause if your like me you'll have them all.............!! lol

take care xx

Southern_Belle
29-08-07, 15:22
Hi Karen,

Welcome to NMP. I can also understand your anxiety at dogs and the dentist. I had an awful experience with a dentist as a child and still can't stand to go even just to have my teeth cleaned. You will find many here you understand your anxiety and will get tons of support.

Hugs,

Laura

KrazyKaz07
29-08-07, 15:31
Hi Sammi,

Thanks for your quick reply, it really helps knowing i'm not the only one.

Having read alot of posts on here you all seem a really friendly bunch and i'm glad I have found this forum:yesyes:

Just wondering do you have any relaxation techniques you use or know of that you find helps?

KrazyKaz07
29-08-07, 15:39
Thanks KittyKat & Laura XxxX

Yeah KittyKat that's me to the tee!! Hehehe (Oh that rhymed:ohmy: )

Laura - I have the dentist next Wednesday and i'm starting to worry already. What makes it worse is that I seem to have alot wrong with my teeth therefore need lots of work done to them. Think it's root filling next :weep: .

manmoor
29-08-07, 15:46
Hi Karen,

A big warm welcome to you. xx

KrazyKaz07
29-08-07, 15:47
Hi Mandy :)

Thank you XxxX

groovygranny
29-08-07, 16:18
Hello Karen:welcome:to you!

Crikey, that must have been very traumatic getting bitten by a dog - give anyone cause to be anxious that would.

Yep, I wouldn't be a bit surprised if the tooth infection was the final straw - it was with me also!

Dentist - yuk! However, I had a root filling and it wasn't as bad as I anticipated, and it did the trick with the tooth so hope it'll be the same with you.

Glad you joined us - you'll get plenty of help and support here!

Pleased to meet you!

:flowers:

KrazyKaz07
29-08-07, 16:51
Hello Groovygranny please to meet you too!! :bighug1:

The dog bite wasn't a nice experience I must say. Very scarey, I really didn't see that coming. Had to go to hospital and have a tetanus jab and course of antibiotics just to be safe. Oh well ho hum.

As for the dentist I have been so many times but still worry. I think I am worse at the moment though due to where i'm so sensative with my emotions. I need to learn to relax when sitting in that dentist chair :winks:

Hope you have had a lovely day

Nibbles
29-08-07, 21:22
Hi Karen and :welcome:

You'll get loads of advice and support here while making new friends along the way.

Take care,

Mike :)

KrazyKaz07
29-08-07, 21:48
Hello Mike,

Thank you for your kind words.

I can see this is a great forum because within minutes of me posting this thread (my first) I was getting replies!!

I'm looking forward to making friends with you all and maybe even helping other people too:yahoo:

CarpeDiem
30-08-07, 17:25
:) Hi Karen :)

Welcome to the site, glad you found it so soon after starting to have anxiety issues, its nice to have the reassurance from other people isn't it? As for relaxation techniques, I haven't found any surefire methods but for me, knowing as much as possible about the panic so I'm less shocked by my physical symptoms helps a lot & distraction from the thoughts that are making me anxious calms me slightly (Although I don't know what you can distract yourself with in the dentists chair! You might just have to ride that one out!) Maybe focus on the beautiful smile you will have once all your dentistry is taken care of?! :D Good luck with it all,
Take care, CarpeDiem
xxxxxx

honeybee3939
30-08-07, 19:31
Hi Karen

Just wanted to welcome you to NMP, its lovely to see you here, im sure you will get some great advice, support and make new friends too:)

Love
:hugs:
Andrea
xxxxx

Lindalou64
31-08-07, 01:13
hello karen and welcome.im sure you will find lots have the same ..wish ya the best.........linda

KrazyKaz07
31-08-07, 09:17
Hello Linda, Andrea & CarpeDiem,

Thank you for your support.

XxxX

Pink Princess
01-09-07, 13:17
http://www.tagworldresources.com/Tagworld-Graphics/Hello-Graphics/f68b73c84481e6f68a8e57fbc1a3f771.jpg

hey nice to meet you xxx

talk soon xxx

love minnie xxxxxxxxxxx

trac67
01-09-07, 16:00
Hi,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends

Take care

Trac xx

JulieAs45
01-09-07, 16:12
Hi Krazykaz
I met you in chatroom yesterday, just wanted to say hi and :welcome: to the site again officially! :yesyes:

Hope to see you in there again soon, take care.
Julie
:flowers:

nomorepanic
01-09-07, 19:16
Hi Karen

A warm :welcome: aboard to you and hope we can be of some help.