PDA

View Full Version : Resources - Use Them!

Fishmanpa
03-12-18, 16:37
I posted this in Tips but I wanted to post it here.

There are a lot of great resources here. The ARTICLES (https://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/articles) section is a great place to start. There's a lot of great information, links etc.

Also, utilize the "SEARCH" feature. If your issue is about an illness, a feeling etc. A simple search can yield literally pages and pages of similar posts and threads along with the advice given to the member that posted it.

Just a reminder to take advantage of these resources and perhaps save yourself a lot of angst waiting for replies on a thread.

REFERENCE THE SYMPTOMS PAGE! (https://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/articles/symptoms) 99% of questions and fears can be addressed there!

Also... Scroll to the bottom of your thread and you'll see several similar treads.

Positive thoughts

Fishmanpa
05-12-18, 18:40
Bump!

HINT: Reading the entire thread as well as looking at the poster's HISTORY can give you great insight on how to respond or if to respond at all.

Positive thoughts

Fishmanpa
08-12-18, 22:17
BUMP!

MRS STRESS ED
08-12-18, 22:29
hi fishmanpa

I think people seek reasurance off others instead of reading these articles which are more indepth and helpful to them, they want someone to diagnose them instantly or tell them it's ok which none of us can, please guys take fmp advice xx

spacebunnyx
09-12-18, 17:26
Just want to add though... some posts aren't reassurance seeking and are asking for strategies to cope etc.... yes, these could potentially also be searched for... but this a "community" not just another version of wikipedia.

Fishmanpa
09-12-18, 17:48
Just want to add though... some posts aren't reassurance seeking and are asking for strategies to cope etc.... yes, these could potentially also be searched for... but this a "community" not just another version of wikipedia.

"Some posts", yes. Most are things like "I'm having ______ (insert symptom here). Anyone else get this?

Understanding your illness is vital to recovery. Let's face it, everyone here has anxiety of some sort. Just being on the site is an admission of that whether consciously or subconsciously. To post a thread and literally argue against the rational and realistic facts is a major symptom of the mental illness.

Yes, it's a community. Knowing someone else feels the same way is beneficial and it can be cathartic to write things out. That said, it's also detrimental to many as this is just a crutch and food for their dragon.

The name of the site is "No More Panic". The first two words, "No More" being the most important. If you have no intention of helping yourself, then what's your reason for being here?

All I'm saying is, "READ". Before you ask about tingling and such, READ! Before you ask about dizziness or any other common symptom, READ! Don't see it? SEARCH! Then, you can come on saying you know it's anxiety and ask how others helped themselves instead of another "OMG it's CANCER!" thread. And who knows, you might even be able to rationalize and help yourself knowing hundreds if not thousands have had the same thing.

Positive thoughts

Elen
10-12-18, 08:10
Bump

Fishmanpa
23-12-18, 13:47
Bump

Fishmanpa
25-12-18, 20:13
Bump!

Fishmanpa
07-07-19, 02:09
Bump.

Fishmanpa
12-07-19, 23:33
I posted this in Tips but I wanted to post it here.

There are a lot of great resources here. The ARTICLES (https://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/articles) section is a great place to start. There's a lot of great information, links etc.

Also, utilize the "SEARCH" feature. If your issue is about an illness, a feeling etc. A simple search can yield literally pages and pages of similar posts and threads along with the advice given to the member that posted it.

Just a reminder to take advantage of these resources and perhaps save yourself a lot of angst waiting for replies on a thread.

REFERENCE THE SYMPTOMS PAGE! (https://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/articles/symptoms) 99% of questions and fears can be addressed there!

Also... Scroll to the bottom of your thread and you'll see several similar treads.

HINT: Reading the entire thread as well as looking at the poster's HISTORY can give you great insight on how to respond or if to respond at all.

Positive thoughts