PDA

View Full Version : Having extreme anxiety over subacute bacterial endocarditis

markreshetar
04-12-18, 00:18
Hey everyone im currently having the shakes because of something i saw on my echocardiogram. It was an old echo report done in Collected:
06/30/2016 12:00 AM

Resulted:
07/03/2016 10:58 PM. I was 17 at the time of that test.

I just turned 20

So im assuming thats just saying when i got it and when the results came in. Anyway it said this

1. Overall normal intracardiac anatomy and function.
2. Subacute bacterial endocarditis prophylaxis is not required.

I looked up subacute bacterial endocarditis and it said its fatal. Im really worried im going to die. Im assuming i might be overreacting especially cause that test was done in 2016/2017 but still im worried i might die. Can anybody reassure me and maybe simplify what this means??

Fishmanpa
04-12-18, 00:22
Hey everyone im currently having the shakes because of something i saw on my echocardiogram. It was an old echo report done in Collected:
06/30/2016 12:00 AM

Resulted:
07/03/2016 10:58 PM. I was 17 at the time of that test.

I just turned 20

So im assuming thats just saying when i got it and when the results came in. Anyway it said this

I looked up subacute bacterial endocarditis and it said its fatal. Im really worried im going to die. Im assuming i might be overreacting especially cause that test was done in 2016/2017 but still im worried i might die. Can anybody reassure me and maybe simplify what this means??

It means there's nothing wrong and further testing not required :shrug:

Positive thoughts

markreshetar
04-12-18, 00:30
Are you sure im ok? I mean the condition did say its fatal and it said i have it. It could just be me over thinking. But when i see that it bothers me a lot

glassgirlw
04-12-18, 00:43
QUOTE=markreshetar;1840775]Are you sure im ok? I mean the condition did say its fatal and it said i have it. It could just be me over thinking. But when i see that it bothers me a lot[/QUOTE]

I don’t really think that’s what that means at all. Prophylaxis is:

pro·phy·lax·is
/ˌprōfəˈlaksəs/Submit
noun
action taken to prevent disease, especially by specified means or against a specified disease.

So to me it’s saying that preventative measures are not needed for subacute bacterial Endocarditis because you don’t have it. :shrug:

markreshetar
04-12-18, 00:53
This is right from the echocardiogram results copied and pasted

Details
Study Result
Impression

The way im reafing it is it says that i have subacute bacterial endocarditis prophylaxis is not required.

I mean this was in 2016/2017 so im assuming im just over reacting but i dont know when it says its fatal i just get terrified

Fishmanpa
04-12-18, 00:54
So to me it’s saying that preventative measures are not needed for subacute bacterial Endocarditis because you don’t have it. :shrug:

That's what I saw too. I don't see anything in that report that indicates an issue :shrug:

Positive thoughts

markreshetar
04-12-18, 00:58
So in your guys opinion i shouldnt worry?

Fishmanpa
04-12-18, 01:05
So in your guys opinion i shouldnt worry?

Can you not extrapolate the answer from the replies? :shrug:

Positive thoughts

markreshetar
04-12-18, 01:10
What does that mean? Im sorry its hard for me to control the new device im typing on if thats what you mean

Daedalus
04-12-18, 01:24
Stop worrying. All it's saying is that you don't need to take preventative measures against developing the condition. In other words, it's saying you're low risk for developing subacute bacterial endocarditis (presumably because your heart is structurally good).

It's good news, not bad news!

markreshetar
04-12-18, 02:59
Im just confused as to why it says that though. I mean if i didnt have subacute bacterial endocarditis then why put that on my echo? Why not just not put that down? Also why is it so specific. Like subacute? There is subacute and acute so if it says subacute bacterial endocarditis prophylaxis is not required. Im reading it as you have subacute bacterial endocarditis but prophylaxis is not required. I dont know. Im just confused. Im sorry

---------- Post added at 18:46 ---------- Previous post was at 18:37 ----------

Im just confused as to why it says that though. I mean if i didnt have subacute bacterial endocarditis then why put that on my echo? Why not just not put that down? Also why is it so specific. Like subacute? There is subacute and acute so if it says subacute bacterial endocarditis prophylaxis is not required. Im reading it as you have subacute bacterial endocarditis but prophylaxis is not required. I dont know. Im just confused. Im sorry

---------- Post added at 18:59 ---------- Previous post was at 18:46 ----------

Fishmanpa
04-12-18, 03:22
That result was from 2016. From your initial post (https://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=212857) you indicated you had some diagnosed heart anomalies that were treated and were overweight which can exasperate things (hows the diet going?). The doctors were satisfied with the results and not concerned. Seems to me, based on your history, they were just being thorough and found nothing of concern. If you have questions, your doctor would be the best person to ask.

Positive thoughts

Justdontknowanymore
05-12-18, 07:35
They suspected you had subacute endocarditis, they did an echo, the results were normal, that's why it says in point 1 that everything is fine, and in point 2 that you don't even need prophylaxis (as in you never had anything, there's not even need to prevent). This was two years ago, if you had an infection you'd be dead.