PDA

View Full Version : Hello from me, look forward to meeting you.

Halfway-to-nowhere
04-12-18, 10:44
Hello

I'm glad to discover this site. I've been living in a tiny village in Scotland where I feel very isolated. I moved here two and a half years ago, to experience a new life. Five days later my son took his life. I went into a deep dark depression and full on grief, I didn't know anyone in Scotland or in the village. I have come through the worst of the grief, although the loss will never not be felt. I now suffer extreme anxiety and panic attacks. Busses trigger me, social situations trigger me, and now I'm looking to move back to Canada and I feel overcome with paralysis. I have so much to do and I feel overwhelmed with it all.

I think being part of an encouraging group will help me a lot. Reading your stories of how you manage will help me. In time I hope I can also be helpful.

Thanks for reading.

Susan

venusbluejeans
04-12-18, 10:50
Hiya Halfway-to-nowhere and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

jojo2316
04-12-18, 12:14
Dear halfway-to-nowhere, I am so sorry for your loss. And welcome to here.

BikerMatt
04-12-18, 13:08
So sorry for your loss halfway-to-nowhere.

Welcome to NMP:)

Halfway-to-nowhere
04-12-18, 14:00
Thanks for the warm welcome.

Roseessa
11-12-18, 14:59
Hi,
How are you?
I am sorry to hear about your son.
Are you seeing someone to help? Like a therapist? Are you on any medication to help?

cactina
18-12-18, 21:05
Here I am harking on about social media anxiety, and then I come across your post. I won't belittle my anxiety; it's real alright, but the enormity of your loss envelops me. I am so sorry. I hoe you find the strength to complete one small task... and then the next... and then the next. Best wishes for your move back. Love.