PDA

View Full Version : PLEASE HELP! Anxiety Evening sweatting :(

harley15
04-12-18, 20:41
Hi Peeps,

I have Health anxiety and just recently on my 40th i had to attend a Party of my own :(

It was amongst my wifes friends "mine loosely" too but they are all very well to do people and educated.

I simply feel inadiquete around them, I started to sweat so made excuses and went to the loo, I noticed my shirt was damp as id sweated that much it all spiralled out of control and i couldnt stop it. My wife got the hump with me as she doesnt understand. :(

Anyway we are out for Xmas meal friday 7th! and im panicking its going to happen again, This all has just come about and i dont know how to stop sweating when i start to feel warm! it just gets worse and worse.

Any tips how to snap my mind out of it ? im begging someone to help :( even reading this i feel embarrased and warm. :/

Mav
05-12-18, 23:10
Hi Peeps,

I have Health anxiety and just recently on my 40th i had to attend a Party of my own :(

It was amongst my wifes friends "mine loosely" too but they are all very well to do people and educated.

I simply feel inadiquete around them, I started to sweat so made excuses and went to the loo, I noticed my shirt was damp as id sweated that much it all spiralled out of control and i couldnt stop it. My wife got the hump with me as she doesnt understand. :(

Anyway we are out for Xmas meal friday 7th! and im panicking its going to happen again, This all has just come about and i dont know how to stop sweating when i start to feel warm! it just gets worse and worse.

Any tips how to snap my mind out of it ? im begging someone to help :( even reading this i feel embarrased and warm. :/

Hiya :)

Just so I can get it right, is it the actual sweating that you're worried about or is the sweating feeling like a health anxiety worry to you?

In the past, I have experienced both. First of all, I find with panic, even if you've experienced panic attack/anxiety for 5 or 10 years, new symptoms of panic always seems to pop up out of nowhere, and for HA sufferers this can become an even bigger problem because they associate and link it up to their health worries. I had never experienced a racing heart during a panic attack until the end of last year, I had never experienced feeling nausea during a panic attack until recently, so the sweating shouldn't worry you because it's clearly just your body throwing out new ways to feel the anxiety (lol thanks body :-D). I too have felt sweaty during panic before, but you have to realise having anxiety is quite literally like the brain giving us a workout we didn't ask for, the heart is pumping, blood is rushing, so ofcourse we are sweating too. Just think of it like a mental workout:yesyes:.

As for the worry about sweating over dinner because you will be nervous, my answer to that is, pack on some extra deodorant and dont worry about it :D, and perhaps skip on wearing a white shirt :yesyes:. I am sorry you feel inadequate around your wife's friends, perhaps some positive affirmations to yourself when you feel like that may help calm your nerves.

All the best!