PDA

View Full Version : Heart trouble or anxiety??

Suzied22
05-12-18, 19:50
Evening all!

I’ve suffered with HA for the last 7 years on and off - I’ve imagined I’ve had every illness possible - I’ve undergone several X-rays, MRI’s and paid countless visits to my gp. My last visit was only in the last month after finding a lump in my breast which my doctor thought was sinister but it turned out all was ok. I can’t tell you how relieved I was.
However over the last few weeks I’ve developed new symptoms (I’m guessing it’s stress/health anxiety rearing it’s head YET again) I’ve had a burning pain under my sternum on and off, it lasts a second or two and then goes. This has caused me to panic (as it does) which has then in turn give me palpitations and sent me into a full blown melt down thinking I’m having heart attack 🙄.
I guess what I’m wanting to know is if anyone else has had this burning sternum pain and what they did to rectify it or how long it lasted? I’ve tried antacids and these don’t seem to help! I’m guessing it may even be muscular pain?

Will look forward to reading your responses

Thanks

Fishmanpa
05-12-18, 20:01
As someone with heart issues, I can assure you that heart pain doesn't last a few seconds and goes away. Sounds more digestive or muscular to me.

Positive thoughts

RadioGaGa
05-12-18, 20:19
Fishmanpa says it well.

I also had the misfortune of suffering alcohol-induced Atrial Fibrillation two years ago. I can affirm that when your heart is truly in an arrhythmia (and not just benign palps) you'll sure as h*ll know the difference!!!

It could be muscular. Could be reflux. But it's 99.999999999% not heart.