PDA

View Full Version : supraclavicular Lymph nodes.. worried.

Cj112
05-12-18, 23:05
Hey there! I’ve struggled with health anxiety for quite some time now.. I did however find a way to overcome my lymph node worries when multiple doctors and scans showed everything was ok and there was never any change in size. But being health anxiety ‘free’ didn’t last so long ( it was so nice to wake up and feel well, normal and just go about my day )! I had a ache around my left collar bone area when I came across a lymph node I saw my doctor went for a scan and the scan showed it was only small at 6mm but to do a follow up ultrasound.. that was about 8-10 weeks ago now and it is unfortunately still there along with now one on my right side in the supraclavicular as well. Yes I am one to poke and touch and feel them daily in hopes I’ll feel and they will be gone!! Anyway, I had my follow up scan yesterday and they also did the ultrasound on the right side and the measurements that were taken were the left side is now 10mm, and there is two on the right one is 9mm and the other 7mm.. I could only see the images and measurements I have no seen my doctor yet to get the report but I’m worrying myself silly that the left side has now grown!! The lady who did the scan said they just look like normal lymph node which I’m holding onto to try and keep myself calm until I see my doctor tomorrow.. any advice please? Has anyone been through something similar and care to share there story? I should add I am 4.5 months pregnant and I am aware stress is not good but it’s not something I can switch off when I go into a panic.. ugh :frown::frown: The fact that it’s the supraclavicular alone really worries me.

Fishmanpa
05-12-18, 23:10
Poking and prodding and and does cause nodes to react. That's fact. Get your results and while you're at the doctor's office, discuss your health anxiety and ways to treat that. There are also some great resources here on the sight (https://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/articles) for self help.

Positive thoughts

Worrywart84
05-12-18, 23:25
Sorry you are struggling—I had a lymph node scare awhile back and the constant poking at it definitely made it bigger and even noticeable to others. It was a horrible spiral of poking at it to get relief hoping it went down only to continue make it inflamed via the poking. What a metaphor for HA.

Cj112
14-12-18, 08:48
I received my results which stated the lymph node is 14mm X 6mm X 14mm and that it is well defined with the conclusion lymph node - nil suspicion.. the ultrasound I had on it four months ago measured it at only 6mm which makes me slightly nervous that it’s growing? The area it is located is what makes me most nervous! My doctor said not to worry and justness brushed it off like it’s not a worry, wish I could brush it off and let it go. Ah the constant panic ☹️

Justdontknowanymore
14-12-18, 10:44
If the lymph node hurts, it's soft and has an oval shape it's benign

Fishmanpa
14-12-18, 14:49
I received my results which stated the lymph node is 14mm X 6mm X 14mm and that it is well defined with the conclusion lymph node - nil suspicion.. the ultrasound I had on it four months ago measured it at only 6mm which makes me slightly nervous that it’s growing? The area it is located is what makes me most nervous! My doctor said not to worry and justness brushed it off like it’s not a worry, wish I could brush it off and let it go. Ah the constant panic ☹️

Poking and prodding and and does cause nodes to react. That's fact. Get your results and while you're at the doctor's office, discuss your health anxiety and ways to treat that. There are also some great resources here on the sight (https://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/articles) for self help.

Did you discuss your anxiety and getting help for it?

Positive thoughts