PDA

View Full Version : Afraid

Floridagirl123
07-12-18, 22:01
Hi everyone. I'm new here. I'm going through some stress right now with my job and my health anxiety is at an all time high.

Two weeks ago I had some minor dull pains in my abdomen. Like period cramps — but I am in menopause. They don't happen all the time, or every day, but now I'm wondering if they are stress related.

I've been to the walk in clinic, the GP and my GYN. None have found anything, but my GYN sent me for an ultrasound just to ease my mind.

I had one four months ago and everything was fine. What are the chances that cancer has bloomed since then? I'm especially worried about ovarian cancer.

I'd really like to be able to relax but I can't stop thinking about all of this.

:(

RadioGaGa
08-12-18, 00:35
Floridagirl123

You've done the right thing by seeing your GP and OB/GYN.

My mother, in her late 50s, had similar symptoms to what you describe last year. My mum is lucky in that she doesn't have health anxiety. However, her symptoms settled after a few weeks and she's been fine ever since. That was around September 2017 I think.

The recent scan is reassuring.

I know what it's like when we have times like this - it is very hard to relax, irrespective of how unlikely it is that something is wrong.

Good luck :)